Book 1: Water/ Chapter 1: The Griffin In the Iceberg

OPENING:

WATER, EARTH, FIRE, AIR

MY AUNT USED TO TELL ME STORIES ABOUT THE OLD DAYS, A TIME OF PEACE

WHEN THE AVATAR KEPT BALANCE BETWEEN THE HIPPOGRIFFS TRIBE, PONY KINGDOM,

DARGON NATION, AND AIR GRIFFINS....

BUT THAT ALL CHANGED WHEN THE DRAGON NATION ATTACKED

ONLY THE AVATAR MASTERED ALL FOUR ELEMENTS, ONLY HE CAN STOP THE RUTHLESS FIREBENDERS

BUT WHEN THE WORLD NEEDED HIM THE MOST, HE VANISHED

A HUNDRED YEARS HAD PASSED AND THE DRAGON NATION IS NEARING VICTORY IN THE WAR

TWO MOONS AGO, MY FATHER AND THE MEN OF MY TRIBE JOURNEYED TO THE PONY KINGDOM TO HELP FIGHT AGAINST THE DRAGON NATION

LEAVING ME AND MY BROTHER TO LOOK AFTER OUR TRIBE

SOME CREATURES BELIEVE THAT THE AVATAR WAS NEVER REBORN INTO THE AIR GRIFFINS AND THAT THE CYCLE IS BROKEN

BUT I HAVEN'T LOST HOPE

I STILL BELIEVED THAT SOMEHOW, THE AVATAR WILL RETURN TO SAVE THE WORLD.

(The opening by Silverstream)

              It's winter in the ocean near Mount Eris, the temperature is so cold, that icebergs started to form, which made hunting for the hippogriffs a lot harder. The water is so cold that the Hippogriffs were not allowed to swim in it, so they have to hunt for fishes on canoe. 

On the calm surface of ice-filled ocean, a small canoe slowly came into view, there's two hippogriffs on the canoe. It's Queen Novo's niece and nephew--- Silverstream and Terramar.

Terramar is the older brother of Silverstream, but he's quite a boss. Terramar was in the edge of the canoe, a fish spear in his claws, his eyes scanning through the icy water. Suddenly, he spotted a fish size of a football swimming towards their canoe. 

"It's not getting away this time," he said as he waved at his sister, "watch and learn, Silver, this is how you catch a fish."

Silverstream was also scanning the water, finally, she saw another fish coming towards her side. Silverstream took a quick glance at her brother, outstretched her arms, claws opened. Taking a deep breath. Her look is a mixture of concentration and apprehension as she starts making a wavy motion with her wrist, moving her hand up and down.

Terramar, still focused wholly on the fish in front of him, is completely unaware of what is happening behind his back. As Silverstream continues to move her hand, the water in front of Silverstream, just in front of the shot, starts to ripple. Suddenly, a bubble of water rises up from the ocean containing the newly trapped fish.

"Terramar! Look!" she said to her brother excitedly.

But Terramar just whispered to her, "Sshh! Silverstream, you're going to scare it away."

"But Terramar, I caught one!"

Behind Terramar, Silverstream is still making circular movements with both her arms, suspending the bubble of water that holds the fish in the air and moving back and forth. 

The bubble containing her fish slowly drifts around her to hang over Terramar, who is still oblivious. As the bubble hovers over his head, Terramar raises his spear to strike the fish he was following. He bursts the bubble of water with the blunt end of his weapon, causing Silverstream to lose control of the water; it rains down on Terramar, soaking him.