The Beautiful One

We were so young, so clueless

"Kanae ,are you sure you want to do this." the boy asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm ready for this."she said excitedly.: "Let's do itTaka-san!
I stood in a beginning stance as i braced myself to hit a girl . I would never forgive myself for this. The rest of the class stared as she threw a fast punc i grabbed her arm and flipped her over. The first time she got up easily but as i kept defeating her her spark had gone. Or spark off happiness. Willingness to keep fighting. It seemed as if she kept fighting only to regain this pride she had left. It was horrible her father stared at us in horror as she fell to the floor one last time before not moving.

I knelt beside her putting my hand on her chest carefully. She was breathing.Barely. I slowly began to move my face close to hers but the second i tried to do the mouth to mouth that i had learned. My face turned red and i hesitated. They second my lips touched hers she blinked wide and squealed backing away.
"Takashi! What are you doing?!"
I ran out of the dojo that second. I just kissed a girl...but prior to that I could have been a little less violent. I wanted to turn around and apologize but i couldn't. Suddenly i heard footsteps rushing behind me. I turned to face none other then Hiroshi "Hey Mori! Wait Slow down.".I turned to the older male. He glared at me "Why did you leave her? She tried to chase after you but.."

"Because of me" i say looking down " she fainted because I beat her up...I'm a bully"
"You couldn't have gone a little easier on her?"He asked leaning against a tree "You treated her as if she were another guy . And despite her being weak and frail you threw her to the ground! Over and over! You disgraced her in front o her whole family! She will never be seen as the same."He leaned into Mori angrily "You ruined her life. Forever.She will never forgive you."

I didn't cry ,I turned away and continued walking home. Hiroshi's words echoing in my head. It bothered me all day. But what could i do? She was already hurt, because I failed to see how hard she was struggling just to punch me. Why was my brain like that? Why must I always win?! I stared out the window all day of course i completed all chores and requests that the family gave me but i never returned to that dojo. I couldn't look Kanae in the face.

Several years later in school I was walking with Mitskuni. It seemed to be the average day. Until it seemed as if the once very loud hallway was quieted. The only sound was an echoing footsteep. Clack,Clack,Clack Clack! Suddenly i felt a sharp pain in the back of my hand. The feel of small knuckles. I turned and grabbed the tiny wrist so i could set it down gently next to this person. Only to see very long black hair and gorgeous purple eyes. "Kanae?"

Kanae looked nervous for half a second, then angry. Her hand grabbed my wrist as she suddenly flipped me onto my back. She stared at me through narrowed eyes and slowly he realized she was crying the tears fell onto the floor next to him. "Y-you never even said sorry."she fell to her knees next to him "You never ev-even said G-Good bye."

But she slowly smiled and said "But i forgive you for that. Even though my father has never seen me the same way. Even though he hates me. Even though I'm a disgrace. I forgive you." she said. I looked at her. That day i never thought i would see her again. But here she sat here now. Next to me crying.

It pained me to know it was my fault that she was crying. Had she cried like this all these years? I had been so foolish to think she would alright.How through all this had she already forgiven me? She stood up wiping her tears and then she smiled at me"Sorry if hurt you...I thought that if i defeated you i would finally be treated equally with my siblings.But my dad isn't here to see so what difference does it make?" I wanted to say something to her but Ouran security took her away.I stood up and watched her resist only to be varied away Mitskuni stared after her but looked at me. I sighed and whispered her name."Kanae."

"I hope Isee you in High School Takashi!"i heard her call.

But then things got worse people started talking again "Who was she?"

"I don't know probably some mental freak!"

"I think she was a commoner of some sort. She was very ugly."

"I know, and who does she think she is strolling in here and hurting Poor Mori-san. He never does anything to hurt anybody."

I hated the way they spoke about Kanae. It bothered me all day. When i went home i practiced kendo like crazy. I was sore already from Kanae's judo flip. She had definitely gotten better.And for the next 4 years i sat there quietly waiting for Kanae to come through the door.

So now I'm in the Ouran Host Club. A 3rd year to be exact. I'm seen as the "Wild type"i guess girls like that kind of thing.I joined mainly because Mitskuni wanted to but i was also looking for a girl to help me get my mind off of Kanae. I stopped looking at the door today. It's obvious she's not coming. I slowly turned away. Maybe she was still mad.

Suddenly I heard the creek of the host club door. I heard a gasp from the crowded club room. Mitskuni stared with excitement."Taka-chan look."

I turned slowly and looked at the door. There stood a girl with jet black hair she looked around the room with her beautiful violet eyes. Before Tamaki could make a move on her she took out something from her bag. A letter she handed it to Kyoya and whispered something to him. She began to leave the room. But something seemed to be on her mind she shook her head and pushed the door open. I just had to make sure...
"Kanae."I called after her

She heard me. She turned and with those beautiful eyes staring at me my heart raced. "Takashi? Is that you?"