Chapter One - Connor

"We're just going to the studio, babe. Will you be okay?" I asked Soph, who was lying on the bed watching something on her laptop. She nodded, smiled at me quickly and went back to staring at the computer screen. "See you later, then..." I sighed quietly and left the room, feeling vaguely guilty. I knew it was my fault we had grown apart; the band had been taking so much of my time and neither of us had been talking as much. Soph, Tori and Harriet - who had got married earlier this year and was, apparently, trying for a baby with James - had all been spending a lot of time with each other, having Girl's Nights and going shopping with Maia a lot more often than they ever had before. I went downstairs, chewing on my lip, and glanced at the boys who were waiting for me.
"You're late." Brad mumbled quietly.
"Don't have a go at him! You're late for actual shows, now, Brad!" Tristan snapped at him.
"Guys, can we just go? Please?" James interjected, forever trying to be the peacemaker. I rolled my eyes and went out to the car, not wanting to get into another fight. It seemed like that was all we did now, instead of actually enjoying performing and writing music. It had been two years since we performed with McBusted, and I could tell that Brad thought that was our last good show, and I had been starting to think he was right. The car ride was extremely awkward, with only a few words being spoken to everyone, and we all went into the studio silently.
"Alright, guys. We need to have a chat." Joe said, as tired as we were of this whole dynamic. He lead us to the writing room and I sat down on one of the chairs, the other boys sitting as far away from each other as possible. "What's been going on with you guys recently? Nothing seems to be right anymore - your music is mediocre, your shows are boring and you haven't written a new song in months. Something needs to change. Quickly."

a/n: so, the sequel is started. i'm terrified of writing this, just in case i totally ruin everything that i spend 2 months of my life on. i really hope you guys like this, and this is going to be a SHORT story, all told from one of the boys' POVs. thank you for supporting me on this, and throughout the whole of WIld Heart. i hope i don't disappoint you.