0

The redhead looked around. What his dull eyes craved to see was unknown. The information his brain begged to dissect was missing.

Birds sang their song from tree branches, their feathers rustling in the wind. Chatter from passersby's flow in one pierced ear and out the other. A sigh trails from Auden's lips at the lack of busyness going on in the town square.

Auden was the type to do something every minute. The boy's mind constantly needed to be running. It was best that way in all honesty. Such active distractions helped to keep his evil thoughts at bay.

Even if momentarily, it helped until something would be done about all the pent up rage.

Auden rubs his face before scanning the area again. A couple of feet away from where he sat at a picnic table, a young couple fought.

'It's a silly thing' the boy thought to himself.

And that's exactly why Auden didn't find love or relationships anything special. He decided a while back that love wasn't something he wanted any part in.

One thing caught the redhead's eyes, however. Snakes and roses mingled on the girl's thigh and then disappeared under her shorts.

Auden made a mental note of what it looked like so he could draw it later on.

But the boy, that currently has the girl's finger shoved into his face, had the same exact one. In the same spot and everything

'Hmm, maybe it's just a couples tattoo?'

In the back of Auden's mind, his atenti begged to differ. He felt a feeling of familiarity from the long-dead ancestors. Like those tattoos actually meant something more than a sign of that pitiful love.

'XlX?'

No no that's just crazy. Auden quickly shoves the suggestion from his atenti out of his head.

XlX is the fourth class. They are seen as vicious monsters who seek revenge and can only gain satisfaction by heavy bloodshed and the death of the other classes.

A member of that class would not just be out and about in public. Let alone showing off their markings.

Although.... no one actually knows what a member of XlX looks like nor their distinct markings.

They are said to reincarnate each life they have. In short, the generation from previous life remains in the current generation's mind. They work as atenti, the same way atenti worked for DS.

DS was the third class. They were not to be killed on site or anything of the sort. A member of the third class was put through hell instead, roaming the earth to be stepped on.

But even after the fact, Auden's atenti seemed determined to prove their point. His eyes flicked between the couple as ideas of arm markings and purple cards entered his mind.

'some type of tribal tattoo on their arms... do they have them?'

The girl has what looks to be lace around her wrists and black like matter climbing up her arm to float back down and wrap around her hands.

After a second of squinting at the girl to see clearer Auden realizes it is in fact black ink.

'How odd'

The boy plays with his auburn curls as he searches them for a purple card. Said card was a pass XlX would receive to be marked as non-feral. A pass into Italy and a ticket into normal life.

Auden stares as though staring would make it somehow reveal itself. The redhead stiffened once he got hit with a wave of realization. What did a purple card even look like?