1

If someone were to tell you that people are getting killed for things they had no control over what would you do? Would you help them fight? Or just avoid the whole situation completely? Now what if I told you that statement was true? Because it is.

My friends and I just wanted to have some fun, but God had bigger plans for us. Plans that would make headlines one day. My name is Auden Romano. And this is my story of fighting for not only my future, but millions of others. I'm proud to say that I don't regret a damn thing.

It was Saturday, meaning that the whole town would all be in one place today.

The redhead smiles to himself as he makes his way down the curvy streets of Caccamo. People were already littering the streets of the bustling city.

Auden tugs his hood up, trying to conceal his curl embedded piece. The redhead's mother taught him to hide what he couldn't control. And that's exactly what Auden did. 

From a young age, Auden had seen people get violent over the delicate strands so he did everything he could to stay under the radar. Adapt and overcome. The redhead had slowly grown accustomed to the suffocating lifestyle. Plus he knew that scamming people would be twice as hard if they knew his class.

After a brisk and happy 10 minute walk through curvy streets and alleyways, the redhead had arrived at the closed-off piazza.

He tried his best to ignore the many glares and dirty looks he received as he passed the vendor stalls. Someone bumps into him and he lowers his head, apologizing.

Auden had been taught at a young age that bowing to people of the higher class was the right thing to do. No matter how unworthy the person was of it.

"Demon boy" they spit as they pass.

After adjusting his hood in a rather calm matter, Auden hears wind chimes blow in the breeze. His yellow eyes look around desperately to find them. Once Auden finds them hanging off of a wooden beam a gasp trails from his lips.

His eyes widen but instantly shut when something bright shines in them. Auden turns to look at a stall with necklaces draped from the wooden stakes.

Auden finds the jeweled charm that had momentarily blinded him. The redhead was about to keep moving until a single gear on a chain caught his eye. It reminded him of his female counterpart and her love to bring robots to life.

'Cb would kill for it.' The clever boy thinks to himself as he makes his way over to the vintage stall.

An open hand belonging to the lady running the stand prevents the boy from coming any closer. Auden can't help but look at her confused.

"Don't do business with DS" she spits, pointing to her head where Auden's piece must be showing.

The redhead smiles softly at her before speaking.

"I just wanted to inform you that someone has been eyeing your stall ma'am"

She quirks an eyebrow and looks him up and down. After a second she looks around and the boy turns on his heels, swiping the gear as he does so. The lady could have actually gotten money for it if she didn't discriminate. But nonetheless, the redhead was more than welcome to help Karma out here and there.

Auden's vision flashes white, causing him to look down at the thing. It was burning his hands.

'No way... this was Cb's. or at least from her atenti.'

When Atenti wanted to make a statement, they would fool the brain into thinking certain things. The gear wasn't actually hot, but his brain was playing games so it appeared to be.