─ surene ♡

ꕤ SHALL WE? ꕤ

"hello, junmyeon."

someone greeted me as soon as junmyeon stepped into the restaurant. he immediately turned to the front desk and saw kyungsoo, the owner of the restaurant. he smiled and walked closer to the front desk.

"hi, kyungsoo, how's the crowd?" junmyeon asked nervously while kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at him.

"don't act like you haven't sung at my restaurant before, junmyeon." kyungsoo said and called someone to take over the front desk, he stepped out of his position and placed his arm around his older friend as he guided him to the backstage of their mini stage for the customers' entertainment.

"it's not my first but it has been a while, i haven't sung here for 10 months? that's so long, kyungsoo." junmyeon reasoned out, he remembered why stopped coming here and performing for the customers and it gave him an ache in the chest. kyungsoo just returned with a sigh.

"i know, i'm sorry." kyungsoo apologized, knowing what his friend went to. mending a broken heart takes longer to some people and sadly, junmyeon was one of them. he couldn't even hold onto his microphone without crying his heart out which resulting him drinking until he couldn't take it anymore. kyungsoo topped his tracks when they finally reached their destination, "i'm really glad you're doing this for me, hyung. i didn't expect jongdae's child to arrive last night which is why he couldn't go tonight." kyungsoo said and stood still on his place. junmyeon smiled remembering jongdae's face when he talked about his child earlier this morning since he visited the hospital earlier.

with the silence surrounding them, kyungsoo cleared his throat as a sign of going back to work, "after baekhyun and suzy, you'll have 5 minutes to prepare for your performance." kyungsoo said as he pointed to the current singers on the stage. junmyeon nodded and took a sip of water from his water bottle.

"i'll be singing two songs, right?" he asked for confirmation and the younger just nodded as he dug into his back pocket for something.

"here, the second song was requested. apparently, someone's proposing tonight." kyungsoo said and passed a piece of paper to junmyeon.

"wait, this is jongdae's song?" junmyeon asked surprised upon seeing "shall we?" by jongdae on the piece of paper.

"well, jongdae was supposed to be singing that. you could do it, right hyung?" kyungsoo is concerned about whether junmyeon was ready to do this. It was his first time performing after 10 months and he might be too afraid to sing a song on that note.

"of course, what do you expect of me, kyungsoo?" junmyeon jokingly asked which made kyungsoo chuckle. someone in uniform went on to excuse kyungsoo for something, the younger immediately excused himself and told the older that he'll be back after it. junmyeon just nodded and stared at the mini stage, where two singers sang harmoniously.

"thank you and goodnight, everyone." the female singer greeted and bowed to the crowd. everyone clapped at their beautiful performance as they went backstage.

"oh, hyung?" baekhyun was shocked to see junmyeon there but he was glad that he finally left the comfort of his home. he immediately went a gave a tight hug to the older with a smile on his face, "so you'll be singing tonight?" baekhyun asked and junmyeon just nodded in response.

"well this changes everything! chanyeol is here since i was performing, we were planning to go home after my performance, but i guess, we'll stay longer to see yours!" baekhyun exclaimed with a wide smile on his face. it has been a long time since they all heard junmyeon sing, ever since she left him, junmyeon lost his passion for music. a woman wearing a mic strapped to her face called junmyeon and said he has 5 minutes to prepare.