Chapter 0: Fuel To The Raging Fire.

I have been let down so many times that being hurt doesn't phase me anymore. - Anonymous

A L E N A  I V A N O V

The sound of my heels tapping against the marble stairs that lead to the front door was the only sound I could hear. Taking a deep breath I rang the doorbell. Seconds later the door opened to reveal a familiar face of which was the family butler.

"Ronnie". I beamed, happy to see a friendly face. His eyes lit up and smiled at my voice. "My god Alena, it been such a long time. You look just as beautiful as the last time I saw you." I just smiled and entered the house I used to call home. I frowned slightly but changed my expression before Ronnie could get suspicious, I didn't want him to worry like he did when I previously lived here.

"What brings you here Lainy?" He questioned. I chuckled at the nickname he gave me. I internally sighed. It did bring back memories. I came back to the dreadful question and kept a neutral face and replied. "My father wanted to see me urgently."

Ronnie's face dropped into a slight frown and the mention of my Father. I just still can't believe I came to hear what he has to say."If you'll excuse me I'll be heading off to his office." I informed and he had answered with a curt nod and I began my journey to the devil's den. Hm, devil's den that's a new one. I said to myself.

Two flights of stairs and turning left I finally reached the dark mahogany doors and knocked twice for the second time today." Come in." A low gruff voice grunted which could only belong to my father. I hesitantly open them and walked into the room. My eyes, however, were trained on the patterned carpet finding it far more interesting than looking at the man who neglected my mother and me for some gold digging whore. Oh and not to forget her good for nothing bitch of a daughter. They infuriate me so much.

Calming down, I finally look up to see the same cold grey eyes I inherited much to my dismay. I wish to have nothing in common with this man, besides the fact I share the same DNA  which is unfortunate."You wanted to see me Father" I said in a monotone voice.

"Yes, sit down Alena." Father gestured to the plush leather seats in front of his desk. I sat down and waited for him to continue. He let out a huge sigh. "We have been long enemies with the Italian Mafia, but the head of the Italian mafia has come to an arrangement which I had already agreed on to stop this silly feud between both Mafias." He stopped for a minute which I took as an opportunity to interrupt him."What has this got to do with me?" I interjected.

He looked at me straight in the eye which undoubtedly made me weary and curious as to why he is looking at me like that. Father opened his mouth to speak again but hesitated."The agreement was for you and Gregorio's Son, Vincenzo De Santis to be married."

I could physically feel the colour drain out of my face at this new but dreadful information. The shock then turned to anger. This Motherfucker thinks he can use me as a peace treaty?

"What!?"I exclaimed.

"No, I'm not going through this stupid marriage which has nothing to do with me, why don't you ask your daughter instead!?"I seethed. Clearly talking about that blonde bimbo aka his step-daughter.

"But you ar-." He protested.

"No, you lost the right of calling me your daughter when you left us. Mother needed you at the most crucial point of her life but you weren't there, I had to watch her die from cancer whilst you decided to play happy families with your whore and her bitch of a daughter." At this point, I had ended up crying, there was no point holding it in anymore.

"She loved you."I managed to say in between my crying.

"Alena, I'm trying to make things right, I really am. Accepting this marriage will protect you and everyone else, this will stop the pointless  blood wars." He pleaded. I let out a shaky breath.

"I accept, but only for the innocent families that do not deserve to be in the bloodshed of the underworld's wrongdoings, and don't ever think this is me accepting you as my father again because there's no way everything will go back to the way it was." With that, I walked out and slammed the door shut.

---------------------

Authors Note-

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I will be changing some things with this book so I have unpublished all the chapters that were previously published before and starting from scratch.

Which means I'll be changing the characters names a bit and the vocabulary will be a bit different than before. However, the plot is kinda still the same so there isn't a drastic change there.

I'll be updating on Fridays and Mondays.

London 4:30pm (GMT)

Los Angeles*  8:30 AM (PTZ)

Denver*  9:30 AM (MTZ)

Chicago*  10:30 AM (CTZ)

Atlanta*  11:30 AM (ETZ)  

Canada 11:30 AM

P.S I WILL BE UPDATING THE CHARACTERS SOON SO STAY TUNED.

Thanks, really love ya guys.