3 (I)

Boun's POV

I fall on the bed exhausted. I don't even have the energy to drag myself to the shower so I'll give myself a pass today. I look to my side only to find a cute puppy all cuddled up in the sheets, sleeping soundly on his new bed which I think is ridiculously small, soft snores coming out of his lips. I just got done unpacking and organizing our room. Pao wanted to help me but I refused with a stern no and threatened him that I will kick his ass out the balcony. He was the one who went around getting everything we needed and then packing our stuff yesterday and he has been fretting over it since last week. Even though he kept asking me to let him help and saying that he isn't tired, he passed out as soon as he touched the bed. This kid! I look around to see the room, our room. I strictly followed the instructions given by this bossy guy and now the room looks a perfect mix of me and him. Boun and Prem.I did everything diligently because this is where we have to spend the next 4 years.

Confused? Lemme tell you then.

After final exams, we had 2 months to ourselves. The first thing I did was planning a surprise for him as his birthday was in between our final exams. He turned 15. The surprise was a success.

We spent the days either playing or discovering new places. It was fun. But after a week or two we started getting bored. That's when we realized our town didn't offer much.
We were going to the 9th standard. To be honest, our school really didn't have many facilities. I was suddenly hit with the idea of changing schools and I recalled the talk I had with my mom about boarding school 2 years back, well, not talk exactly but yeah.
I really hated the idea back then but now I had my reasons. I had them jotted down.

Boun's Reasons -

1. Mom was busy with work and it was hard for her to look after me. She would often be worried about me. It would cut her some slack.

2. Studies, obviously. The new school offered better tuition and many opportunities.

3. I wanted to have a proper training so that I can participate in marathons. It had absolutely nothing to do with the painting classes he wanted to attend. Nothing at all.

4. And I might not show this but being home was still hard. A lot of memories.

After thinking about it for a week, I finally decided to talk to someone about it, someone smart. So, I went to Prem. Hey, that's my best option, okay? And just FYI, my Pao is really smart, smarter than you. (a/n - okay Boun, we get it.)

I talked to him and he agreed so quickly that I had to make sure he heard it correctly. I never told him about the painting classes so why was he so willing to go there? I asked him and he in his full innocence replied that it was okay because the school had a proper coaching for athletes. I was once again amazed by the kindness in this boy. I asked him if he would feel homesick and his reply is something I'll never forget in my entire life.

"Why would I? You'll be there, won't you? I'll be okay as long as I am with you. I'll be home."

We talked to our parents the next night. I told Prem's parents about the school which was well-known for its good results every year. My mom affirmed it since she already knew about it. I told them about the facilities they have for various sports and that they have separate classes for students interested in music and arts. I felt the shock Prem felt from the way he turned to look at me so fast. I responded with a chuckle and ruffled his hair. Of course I would go for something that's in the best interest for the both of us. Why? First, Prem is my best friend and I love him and second, have you seen the way he looks when he is happy? Or the way he was looking at that moment - the initially wide eyes filled with shock were slowly turning softer with something warm in them, becoming smaller and smaller till they finally turned into two crescent moons. So fucking cute. It's then that I looked at his face adorned by a wide smile. Did I say that my decision had nothing to do with him? Scratch that because I realized that it had everything to do with him.