LAY BEDTIME STORY

EXO BEDTIME STORIES [ LAY ]

Warning : The scenes in this story and the use of words may not be suitable for very young readers, parental guidance is recommended (charot!). For 18+ and above and for 18+ and above at heart. Lol.

Np : Counting Stars - One Republic

Lately I been I been loosing sleep, hey!
Dreamin about the things that we could be,
but baby I been, I been prayin hard, hey!
Said no more counting dollars we'll be counting----

SCREECHHHH.

I was in the middle of headbanging and was drawn to the music when my grandpa's old pickup truck came into an abrupt stop.

"What the hell?" I blurted out and managed to got out of the poor pickup. I went out only to check the engine smoking and heated, this pickup's too old and too used. It's already been used by my grandpa in the farm even before I was born, Dad even used this too, and now it's passed by me.

"Tanginang buhay to." I sighed in frustration as I brushed my fingers through my hair.

I looked around with both my hands on my waist and saw nothing but huge trees and only a few lamp post with blinking lights on the side of the street, only with the sound of crickets and frogs around me.

Where the fuck am I?

Naglakad lakad ako ng konti to check if there are houses or stores nearby to check for help but there was never a single one.

Seriously?

What kind of place is this? Some kind of a creepy ghost town or something? Oh c'mon Lay, are you trying to be funny?

Mas naglakad lakad pa ako ng mas malayo pero wala talaga. If only I bought my Mercedes Benz with me then this wouldn't happen. Grandpa sent me to downtown kaninang 6 ng gabi para bumili ng mga pagkain ng mga baboy, kalabaw at mga kabayo niya, I stay in grandpa's farm if not in the office, tutal malapit lng naman, isang oras na biyahe lang or if there isnt much work to do sa kompanya na pinag aaralan kong patakbuhin ngayon with the help of dad. And he commanded na itong pickup daw ang gamitin ko, tangina gawin ba naman akong utusan? Pero dahil nga idol ko si grandpa, hayaan na. Tsk.

Masyado na akong nakakalayo mula sa pickup ni grandpa nang mapag desisyunan ko nang bumalik, I hugged myself as the cold breeze touched my skin. I raised the left sleeves of my jacket to check my watch only to sigh in exasperation, its quarter to midnight. Fck this.

I already told grandpa many times to get the engine done or sell it for it's not working anymore, but he just wouldn't set it free, palagi niyang pinapa ayos ang makina nito na palagi pa rin namang pumapalya, he said this truck is too important for him, he said he used this pickup when he and grandma were dating years ago, when they eloped, when he took grandma to the hospital para manganak kay dad, Tss. Some kind of a sentimental value I guess.

Now, how am I supposed to go home? Im stuck in the middle of nowhere only with this god forsaken pickup truck, oh fuck, for heaven's sake.

Bumalik ako sa loob ng pickup para hagilapin ang phone ko. And when I checked it--

Please connect your charger, 3% remaining.

Oh yeah, pag sinuswerte ka nga naman.

I quickly got out of the pickup again and raised my phone to catch signal. Small hope got to me nang makita kong may isang bar ng signal ang lumitaw sa phone ko, thank goodness. I tapped my phone hurriedly and called my fckin younger brother who bought my Mercedes Benz with him to party. Shit ass.