(40) 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥

a/n

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING FOR ROGER'S POV. (domestic abuse)

This is where things do get rather intense. I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

40/50 chapters, babies, we are on the home stretch... Or are we?

Make sure to give this some love and feedback, remember feedback is important to writers. Any writer you read stuff by has spent hours on the content you enjoy - it does not take that much to write a nice comment. Niceness costs nothing.

I love you all so much, stick with me babies! IT'S GETTIN GOOD!

C x

___

Roger

"So... You're meeting the parents tomorrow, are you?"

Brian looked up from his book and cocked an eyebrow at me. "What?"

"Emma told me." I shrugged and went back to doodling on the notebook in my lap, feet rested up on the coffee table.

Freddie was at Mary's, as he had been a lot lately. For the first time in a while, Brian and I were left alone at the house and the girls were at the flat together. We hadn't had a chance to talk to each other properly in a minute, and I found it awkward when it came to it.

Brian merely hummed in response, going back to his book. "Does she often tell you personal stuff about my girlfriend?"

"Oh, don't start, mate, seriously." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not starting anything. You don't see how nervous Maria gets about telling anyone anything. You don't see the panic attacks she has frequently. You don't see the pain she's in because of your own girlfriend. Don't 'don't start' me, Rog."

"Okay, you need to calm down and stop being so bitchy. I know Emma can be a lot, but that's not my prerogative to fix!" I huffed and threw my pen and paper on the table, wading through into the kitchen to grab a bottle out of the fridge. "I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I'm trying to have a conversation with someone for once without being scared of saying the wrong thing—"

"What do you mean 'scared'?"

My breath caught in my throat. I leaned against the doorframe and looked at my friend, his attention now completely averted from his piece of literature. "You know, just... It's silly stuff, Bri. You've already admitted to Emma being a lot." I pushed it off, settling back in the plush chair. I glued my eyes to my lap, trying to focus on anything else.

"Roger." Brian started, sighing and pushing himself up into a straighter sitting position on the sofa. If his eyes could shoot lasers, I'd be dead. "Don't tip toe around anything anymore. Our lives are getting harder. We're making an album together. We've both dropped out of university. We need to start being completely honest with each other. All of us."

Brian was right. As much as I hated to admit it, he was perfectly correct. "If I tell you something... Do you promise it will stay between us? No more talk about it. Just so somebody knows."

He nodded, his eyes scrunched up in a combination of confusion and concern. "Listen, Taylor. We may fight like two schoolgirls but I am your best friend. And as far as I'm concerned, you're not getting rid of me that easy. You can tell me anything. Tell me."

I won't lie to you. Brian's promises and words were warm to me. And, for the first time in a long time, I felt something more than what I felt in the throes of ecstasy; I'd resorted to that to cover up the lack of emotion and connection I'd had in the months previous to my conversation with Brian, but it was always Brian who reminded me that friends were important.