01

it was the first day at a new school for dameon reid. he hadn't slept all night, as per usual, but this time it was mostly nerves. or excitement. dameon wasn't quite sure which one. so, exhausted and looking like an absolute mess, dameon dragged himself to his first class of the day, history. dameon walked in and took a seat in the back by the open windows. god, was it hot outside. a minute or so later, a girl walked in and took a seat next to dameon. dameon glanced her way and noticed her beauty. she was probably the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. fuck, he thought to himself, okay be cool, dameon, be cool. the teacher walked to the front of the room and began the lesson. dameon noticed himself drifting off already, although he was sipping on his coffee that he had bought before arriving at school. dameon pulled out his monster energy drink from his backpack and took the cap off. he had caught the pretty girl beside him's attention at this moment and she was watching him curiously. dameon poured the monster energy into his coffee and stirred it with his pencil. "i'm going to die," he says and starts to drink the disaster combo. the girl watched in shock, but chuckled to herself, and turned back to this lesson. at the end of the period, dameon threw his cup into the trash, the drink completely gone by now. he turned around to see the pretty girl looking at him. "you actually finished it," she smiled. "um, i'm mari," she said holding out her hand. dameon looked down at her petite hand and back up at her. he smiled and shook her hand. "dameon," he replied. "that's a nice name," she says, "i'm guessing you're new?" dameon struggles to speak as he takes her features in, "t-thank you, your name is nice too. and yeah, i am." she smiles at him again. damn, dameon could get used to that. "thanks. do you need a tour guide?" dameon smiles. "yeah, yeah that would be nice." mari looks him up and down, coolly. "alright, cool. what's your next class?" dameon pulls out his schedule. "uh, that would be math." mari nods, "stengman or watts?" dameon glances back down at the schedule, "watts." he looks back up at mari. she gives him another one of her mesmerizing smiles, "me too. c'mon we can walk together." she tugs at his hand, leading him out of the history room. "o-okay," dameon answers, his face a bright shade of red now. he smiles, thinking to himself, maybe this school won't be so bad.