locked out of accounts - 07/18/20

as many of you know, no one is able to log out of their account at the moment, because if we do, we get locked out. this is because wattpad is trying to encourage us to change our passwords to a stronger password. this includes everyone.

why?

because there was a security breach in wattpad. wattpad information is being sold for ten bitcoins, or at least $100,000 as i believe. wattpad is trying to get us to reset our passwords to stronger passwords so that people will have a harder time hacking our accounts, or be unable to. i would recommend using mainly letters are they are harder to crack than numbers. 

how do i know this?

because my algebra teacher was in the navy or the marines. he would occasionally give life lessons instead of teaching us math, and strong passwords were one of them. my old password for this account would have taken 16 minutes and 33 seconds just because of two letters, the rest were just numbers and it would take less than a second to crack that password if not for two letters. just two made a difference.

so please, i encourage you to reset your passwords and change them to a stronger password, and i believe it would be best if you used mainly letters with a couple numbers. anywhere from six to eight characters. i will put a couple links in the comments for those who want more info.

thank you for taking the time to read this, and i hope you can enjoy the rest of your day.

              sincerely, fika