attention span

my patience stretched thin,
the curse of my sight rains down upon the flight of stairs, I ran up to avoid being screamed at.

your eyes opened wide,
flying across the sky, bird of red is it you I spy setting fire to the match connected to my mind, burn bright pink like the features of the neon city lights.

elephant man with the dark grey hat where are you when my mind turns black?
are you in my closet where the boogie man stays?

unless your the one at 4 in the morning sobbing under the covers.

hospitals are grey,
the colour I would like,
apart from the thoughts of death and decay that follow inside my mind all highlighted in the colour of black.

my favourite colour is black

stop screaming my ears are bleeding,
your making me bored with the same argument.

reciting our script lines for the 13th time today.

no please stop your plastering over the fact that I spoke out loud.

I know you heard me.

you've lost me now, in your haze of what's right and what's wrong you've got me dreaming of the movies I watched at aged 5 the movies of which were too mature for me.

nostalgia, I wish for the nostalgia that drowns me in memories of before they split ways.

program me to suit the alcoholic stages of my fathers affair.

maybe someday we can sit down and talk about the past like old friends.

maybe then you'd stop ignoring me...