The Break-up

Rainbow Dash's POV-

Fluttershy and I knelt by the side of the school to avoid the guards by the door. I glanced over at the door then at Fluttershy. She looked extremely exhausted. I knew I had to find a place where she could rest. I looked all around me, that's when I saw a house with the lights out and windows broken, so I assumed that it was abandoned. I looked at Fluttershy, "Don't worry, Fluttershy. I'm going to get you out of here."

I started to plan out how we were going to get there without being seen. Once I came up with a plan I took one last look at Fluttershy, "Shy, I know you're tired.." I said as I stroked the hair out of her face. "I'm going to need you to hang on to my shoulders, kay?"

"Mhm..." She said, weakly. She then stood up and got on my back and held onto my shoulders while I held her legs. I then walked to my left so I would get out of the guards' sight. After doing this, I walked towards the house. When we got to the front of the house I gave a hard push, hoping the door would open. Turns out I was right, the door was already open and the home was completely abandoned. With Fluttershy on my shoulders, I went into every room. When I stumbled across the bedroom, I quickly dusted the bed and laid Fluttershy on it. The old bed creaked as I put Fluttershy on it, but she didn't wake up due to being so tired. I laid down by Fluttershy's side facing away from the wall. As I closed my eyes, I felt two arms wrap around my chest. I smiled and drifted to sleep.
...
When I woke up, I checked on Fluttershy. She looked better but was fast asleep. I quietly got up, making sure the bed didn't creek and went to the kitchen. When I found the kitchen it looked like it hadn't been used in weeks. I scoured through the cabinets hoping to find anything to eat. When I checked the broken fridge, I found a bunch of room temperature water bottles, 'At least we've got a water supply," I thought. After closing the fridge, I kept looking through the cabinets, I began to lose hope. We'd die of hunger before getting out of here! When all hope was lost, I opened the last cabinet and I found a good supply of energy bars! I grabbed 2 bars and 2 water bottles, then went back to the bedroom.

When I walked into the bedroom, Shy was sitting upright on the bed, "Dashie?"

"Hey Flutters, you're awake!" I said.

"Y-yeah?" She said with uncertainty. I then handed her an energy bar and water bottle, "Oh thanks."

After finishing the bars and drinking some water, I looked at Shy. She looked so confused, lost, and worried, "Shy, you ok?"

"Oh! Yeah." She said, startled. I could still tell that something was off.

"Listen, I know we are kinda stuck here, but we'll find a way out, promise!"

"Wait.. this isn't someplace you know of?"

"No..?" I said. "We went through the portal, remember?"

"What..? We're stuck!? I told you this was a bad idea!" She said, as she jumped up and started pacing around the room. I had never seen her so angry before... "Oh my god! It's all coming back to me! You said there was another portal, something about Sunset Shimmer, a-and Princess Twilight! Who is that!? Explain!" She then took a long pause, "Oh my.. Angel! Oh no, who's going to take of Angel. He's all alone at home-!"

"Calm down, Shy! You're spiraling!" I said as I stood up and help Shy calm down.

We then sat on the bed and I began to explain. I explained how we are in a world where Sunset Shimmer took over and our friends and I weren't able to stop her. I told her about Equestria and how there are parallel versions of us there. I told her about Princess Twilight and how she is not our Twilight. When I finished explaining this mess, her jaw was hanging wide open.

"Oh.. my! I told you! We shouldn't go, but you never listen to me!" She said as she jumped up and started pacing again.

"W-What?" I said, a little hurt. "Shy... I listen to you." I nervously laughed.

"No! You don't! Remember how you didn't listen to me when you came to my school? Remember how in the whole Sandalwood mess, you didn't listen to me?!" I sat down and sulked on the bed.. those were all true. I let my ego get in the way of our relationship too many times, I stood up and was about to apologize, "I'm so sick and tired of getting caught right in the middle of your mess!" She yelled. I was shocked, she had never yelled that loud and never at me. Her words hit me like a bullet right in the heart, but she wasn't wrong.

"So.. what does this mean?" I said, sadly.

"It means.." she sighed, holding backing tears. "I think we should take a break-" She said, silently crying.

"O-oh, um yeah.. ok..." I said holding back my tears. Damn being cool. I turned around so I couldn't see Fluttershy. I shedded a few tears, then quickly got a hold of myself. Meanwhile, Fluttershy was still crying. I calmly got my water bottle and went outside of the bedroom, shutting the door behind me. I went to the kitchen and sat at the dining table. I kept telling myself, 'you're fine,' but that didn't stop tears from flowing down my cheeks. Right then I realized how big of a deal this was and started to panic. To get my mind off the current situation, I began to devise a plan.

Awhile later I opened the bedroom door and walked in as if nothing happened. Fluttershy looked up, "Rainbow? What are we going to do?" She gulped with uncertainty.

"We are going to sneak around the school and find out what we are dealing with," I said in strong and monotone voice.
...
A few hours passed and I had found a different bedroom to settle in. The bed was even smaller than the one in Shys' room. I positioned myself so I wouldn't fall off while I was sleeping. Right before falling asleep, the fear got to me, 'What if we never get back home?' I thought. I quickly got those stupid thoughts out of my brain and told myself that we'll be fine.

'I sure hope that we'll be fine..'