Journal entries #1

June 22, 1377
Sometime in the morning

Today I become King, and even though I've been preparing the whole ten years of my life, I'm still really scared. Luckily, I'm getting a new friend today, he's supposed to be my advisor when I grow up. Like Sir Percival was to my father.

I believe they called him Edwin, I like that name. I can call him Eddie or Eds for short. Edwin is due to arrive any second now, and I'm nervous, because he's new, and I'm about to be king.

Oh, he's here, I have to leave to introduce myself, and then go to my coronation.

4:00 pm

I can't believe it, I'm the King now. Sir Percival still has to help me make important decisions, because I'm still only ten.

I really like Edwin, but I don't think he likes me very much. My favorite thing about him is his pretty brown eyes, when they're in the sun, it looks like there is gold in them. I hope he starts to like me soon, because we're spending the rest of our lives together.

I guess this is it, I have dinner and then I will sleep. Not much else to say, other than goodnight.

Edwin/Eddie's Journal

June 22, 1977 10:00 am

My father is forcing me to meet another kid, and the kid is the one who's going to be the king. That doesn't make me nervous at all. I have to impress him too, because I'm gonna be his advisor when we grow up.

I'm writing this part at the coronation, because my father said I could. What I'm about to say is not very nice, so if you somehow happen to get my journal, and you don't like mean things, then go away.

I hate King Richard! He's not nice, because he called me Eds, even after I asked him to stop. He made fun of my eyes, and said they sparkled. I'm not sure if he was trying to be nice, or if he's just rude all the time. Even though he's not nice, doesn't mean that he won't be a good king, so I have to respect him still.

There was this one thing he did before we went to our rooms that I liked though. He grabbed my hand, and kissed the top of it, like I was the king, and he was my subject. It made me feel happy, but he's still really annoying all the time, it's not my fault I just want to run my fingers through his fluffy hair. Why did I write that?

Anyways, I don't want to spend the rest of our lives together, but this is my job, and my dad says I have to. I hope that he becomes nicer.

Dedicated to @imaginethatfandom