Chapter Five

"I don't want to be the good girl this year." I told Teegan and Randy as I shut my locker.

They looked at me and I could see them trying their hardest not to laugh.

"Violet, good is all you know." Teegan said, "and that's okay!"

"Yeah, you not being a good girl is like Teegan being a douche." Randy laughed.

"I just don't want to be boring this year. It's senior year! Our last year together unless we all get into Stanford. Just promise that if we go to different schools we'll still be best friends?" I said as I slung my arms around their waists, since I was too short to reach their shoulders.

"Of course Sweet Cheeks." Randy picked me up into a hug and swung me around.

"Don't worry Honey-bun we'll always be here." Teegan told me as I was put back onto solid ground.

"Good, because I don't think I'd last without you guys." I told them honestly. "Enough with the heavy, lets get to class." Luckily we had first hour together.

Sadly, Ash and Ronnie were in there too. I internally groaned. Great.

Ronnie was in the back with his band and best friends, Jake, Kaleb, and Tyler. Four super hot guys who were in a band. What's not to like? Ronnie was lead singer, Jake was lead guitarist, Kaleb was bass guitar, and Tyler was drummer. Yeah, they were the total package. I looked away just as Ronnie met my eyes. He had his signature smirk and his green eyes felt hot when they looked at me. 

Ash was by his friends, Zach and Colby, dick number one and dick number two. They think just because they're hot and are on varsity football they're all that.

Zach was okay at times, key term at times. He wasn't always a major ass-hat. Scratch that he is always an ass-hat unless he's drunk. When he's drunk he is the sweetest guy ever. Which made zero sense. 

Colby on the other hand was an ass-hat, douche bag galore, and every name possible. I hated him, if that wasn't obvious enough. He hits on anything with a pulse. He hit on me when I was with Ash! I mean seriously what kind of friend does that?! Oh right a giant ass-hat named Colby. He would constantly make me feel uncomfortable every chance he got. He would pull small moves like touching my ass and blame it on there not being enough space, even in an empty hallway with two other people. I always wondered if Ash new about his creep of a best friend having a thing for me. 

Ash smiled and waved me over , I internally groaned and walked over to him. I felt Colby eye rape me as I did. What a creep. 

"Hey, babe. You're looking good." He wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Ash, we need to talk. I don--" I was cut off by Ash crashing his lips against mine.

I didn't want to give into the kiss but, his lips were soo soft and it was so hard to fight my body going on autopilot. My arms wrapped around his neck and his arms around my waist pulling me into him. I allowed entrance to my mouth and his tongue hungrily found mine. To be honest we would have gone farther right there and then if oxygen wasn't a necessity. That's when I heard the catcalls and wolf whistles. I knew my face was tinted red.

I glanced at Randy and Teegan but, couldn't quite place their looks. It was mix between pained and relief. Like they didn't want me with him but they didn't want me to be alone and sad anymore. I sneaked a glance at Ronnie to see him glaring at Ash with pure hatred. When he noticed my eyes on him, he sent a wink my way. 

"So was that a yes to being my girl again?" Ash whispered in my ear. I smiled and nodded. What the hell? It's senior year. 

"This is your last chance. Screw it up and we're done. For good." I threatened into his ear.

He kissed my cheek. "I'm not gonna lose you again baby girl."

The bell rang and the teacher walked in.

~*~

I was so relieved when the bell to lunch rang, I was so hungry. I walked into the lunch room and got into line.

"Hey there, gorgeous." I could just hear the cockiness in his voice.

"Can I help you?" I asked not bothering to look at him.

"So you and Colton, huh?"

"Why do you care, Ronnie?" I asked turning toward him.

"Because you could do so much better, gorgeous. I'd love to give you the time of your life, if you'll allow it." With that he walked away, leaving me confused as fuck.

What the actual fuck just happened? 

I shamelessly checked him out as he walked away. He's hot, bite me. He was in a white v-neck and dark wash jeans with black beanie on his head in black converse. He was looking pretty good. 

I paid for my lunch and looked for somewhere to sit. Ash was waving me down, I sat with him because Teegan and Randy didn't have this lunch period.

He took my tray and sat it down for me before kissing me on the cheek. Jesus, he is really trying not to fuck up, huh? 

"Hey babe, how were your classes?" He asked once I sat down.

"Yeah, Violet how were your classes?" Colby smirked and winked at me when Ash wasn't looking. I felt disgust rise in my throat.

"Boring as usual, and don't you have a freshman to blow, Colby?" I said giving a sweet smile. 

His smirk dropped and he looked pissed. I decided to irritate him some more.

I leaned towards Ash and whispered into his ear looking towards Colby.

"I really like the way your hair is today Ash baby. It's very sexy." I whispered seductively into his ear. I hear Ash's breath catch. Colby's eyes darkened as he listened to me whisper seductively. Colby's hand tightened around the bottle of Gatorade. I could tell Ash was turned on too because his arm tightened around my waist and pulled me closer to him, his hand finding my ass. 

"Babe, you wanna go somewhere more private? I'll show you just how much I missed you." He whispered back to me. 

"Maybe later." I kissed his cheek and began to eat. 

I felt someone staring at me, I looked up and saw Ronnie looking at me. His green eyes piercing, it sent a shiver down my spine. We had a stare down before I felt Ash's hand squeeze my thigh.

"Huh?" I asked.

I looked away and saw Ash look behind me at Ronnie then back at me.

"I asked if you were done." He looked angry but tried to hide it with a smile when he saw me notice.

"Oh, right. Yeah." I said, a little breathless. He took my tray and went to put it away.

"So, Violet, you and Ash back together, huh? I'm really happy for you guys." Colby said with a smirk. I felt sick. I always hated how his eyes had a way of making feel like tearing my skin off. 

"Colby, just don't talk to me and we'll be perfect. Kay?" I smiled at him, before getting up. I grabbed my bag and walked over to where Ash was waiting for me. 

I felt two sets of eyes bore into me, Colby was for sure staring at my ass and Ronnie was just staring at me. But why? Why had he decided to show interest in me now, after all these years. I just don't get it. 

This is definitely going to be an interesting year.