Chapter 3: Iron

3 days had gone by since they made it into the past and the 3 bacca children were huddled up in the warm cave they had found after only a day of searching for a place to stay. During their stay in the past, Tori had kept her younger siblings calm through the many stories and poems she told them. The effects of the time travel on their young bodies and the grief of loosing their parents was still fresh, and it took all Tori's resolve to survive to prevent her from breaking down at the thought of her late parents.

Unknown to her, only a few kilometres away the past versions of her parents were out on a date near a beautiful lake. The two of them blissfully unaware of the danger they were in.

....

"AHHH!!!" Screamed Jameson as he cried into his eldest sisters arms after waking from another dreadful nightmare. As Tori comforted her little brother Cassandra began sniffing around the entrance in hopes of finding something interesting to play with. After discovering that there was nothing interesting she frowned and began moving back into the main section of the cave. When suddenly a familiar scent began filling the noses of the three baccas. All noise ceased as each of them began wilding smelling the scent in an attempt at grasping what they desperately hoped wasn't what they thought it was.

It only took a few seconds for all three of their eyes to widen as they realised the implications of the iron like smell.

"DADDY!!"