nine, the last letter to him

"i'm mr. loverman and i miss my lover, man"
a/n: this is my first time writing dialogue and such besides the letters so sorry if it sounds stiff :))
*・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

   akaashi took off his shoes at the front of his door

akaashi took off his shoes at the front of his door. he had just arrived home from dropping off heather.

y/n wasn't there today but he thought she was fine considering she didn't seem sick yesterday.

"keiji there was some mail for you! it's on the coffee table by the couch!"

"okay! i'll get it!"

akaashi's mom always knew that y/n loved akaashi. her son was just too dense for it. well maybe it's because y/n was horrible at showing how she really felt towards the boy.

akaashi was confused. he never got mail unless it was from the school. it was the middle of the semester so it didn't make sense.

he opened the mail, well letters since there was multiple. the envelope was plain white and had a star stickers on it that he could recognized anywhere. y/n's handwriting was on it but it was messier than usual.

he ran up to his room. he hurriedly opened the letters since y/n wasn't the type who sends letters since they had each others phone numbers.

he read almost all of them. he was confused. he always had a feeling that she liked him but he shook it off because she wasn't expressive about her feelings. why would she like him? much less love him. out of all the people. he wasn't perfect. she deserved better.

he read the last letter.

dear akaashi,
this will my last letter. i love you whoops. by the time you will read these letters i will be in the airport. i know this is late, but i didn't want to ruin your mood. but i'm moving to france for my education. please don't worry. i'm coming back. the top 10 students of the school get to move to the country they were assigned with for 3 semesters so i will be gone for the whole second year. i need to focus on academics and i needed a break from us. i hope this doesn't cause any drifts between us and your other friends. treat heather well.

i love you. if you couldn't tell.
but i know you love her more.

love, y/n

akaashi stared at the letter in disbelief. how did he not know that she was moving? to a whole other country?
he had been so caught up in his own world that he forgot about y/n. he was distraught. she was always there right next to him, no matter what.

he knew he couldn't run to her house. she left his grasp without him even noticing.
he was so confused that he didn't even notice that his phone was ringing. he rushed answer it, hoping it was y/n

it was his girlfriend, heather.

she had told him that she received a
letter from y/n

he slowly forgot what previously just happened 10 minutes ago. though he kept talking about her in the presence of his girlfriend.

he kept the same statement in his head during the whole conversation.

"she'll keep contact with him."

right?