two

When she is about to close the shop a customer comes.

- Good evening Madam.
- Good evening Miss.
- How can I help you ?
- I want to sell you this, she says.

The woman put her object on the counter. It was enveloped in a delicate tissue.

- A ring ? Wait, I don't know what's the value of this. It seems to be pretty old.
- I don't mind the price. I'll give it to you, she says hastily.
- You give it ? aks Soo Young quite surprised.
- Yes.
- Then, thank you but do you need something else ?
- No thank you miss.

The woman leaves the shop as quick as she entered in. Leaving the young woman quite puzzled. Why does this woman seemed to want to get rid of this jewel at all costs ?

It was a rather beautiful ring. Admittedly, it was old but it has its charm. Soo Young finds it really beautiful and decides to try it. She inserts her finger in the old ring. By chance the size was the right one.

- Wow. It's a chance that it suit me that well !

She stays with it while she is arranging some stuff. But when she wants to remove it...

- Oh ?

She wonders why the ring dont want to take off. It is the right size that is mean it is not tight. She tries several times even with water and soap. There's nothing to do for it.

- Never mind. I'll keep it with me for today and tell it to Mister Song tomorrow.

Then she closes the antique dealer and puts the keys into Mister Song's mailbox as he told her. She walks until the bus station, it is already seven o'clock.

Once she arrives at home her brother greets her.

- Welcome home sis.
- How was your day today ?
- It went well I guess, he says distracted by the television.
- Sure ?
- Yes. Club's activities will start next week.
- You're still in taekwondo ?

He nods and she takes off her jacket and put her bag on a chair then she goes to the kitchen.

- Shall we eat right know ?
- Hm. I'm hungry !

She smiles and starts to cook the dinner.
Later, when it is past two in the morning, Soo Young opens her eyes. Something awoke her. She hears some voices.

The first time was when she was in the bathroom after she showered. She didn't really paid attention to it because she thought she has tinnitus.

And now, she couldn't sleep because of these. She couldn't neither gets what these voices were saying. They just keep whispering again and again.

She stands up and goes to the kitchen. She pours some water into a glass and drinks it.

Suddenly she stops. These voices are whispering so loud in her ears that it gave her a headache.

Her glass slips from her hand and breaks into a thousand pieces on the kitchen's floor.

She is all sweating and her breath is shorter than usual.  She ends up collapsing.

A while after she opens her eyes and regains conscious little by little. When she wants to sit she feels a bit dizzy. Few minutes after she is finally ables to stand up. She dusts her clothes and looks around her.

Why is she in a forest ?