Not a snitch

Oneshot written for the #hysstorychallenge. Context : Demir, a single dad, is living next door to Selin, a mafia queen.

***************************************

"Iboooooo hurry up, Firuze teyze will be leaving soon. " Demir yells in the middle of the living room.

"Geliyorum " a small voice shouts over the stairs.

Soon, the 8-year-old boy, a backpack on his shoulders, appears under the stairs.

"I'm ready." he replies with a smile.

"You will be wise with Firuze teyze. I will be back in a few days. "

"Yes daddy " the young boy answers and gently joins the lady next to him.

"Demirğim, don't worry. Everything will be fine, as usual. Right Ibo? "

"Yes, we are going to cycle in the park, feed the ducks, see Leyla teyze and Muharrem amca, than I can play with Ayda and Merve. We will call each other every night, as usual ".

He sighs in relief. He hated having to leave his son to Firuze while on the road. Firuze is Reyhan's best friend, Demir's mother. Firuze had moved to Istanbul with her first husband before divorcing 7 years later. When Demir arrived in Istanbul, she immediately took him under her wing and took care of her son during his work trips.

"As usual." Demir repeats, still worried about leaving his son. "Azmiye can reach me in case of emergency if my cellphone doesn't respond and ...."

"Dad" the little boy interrupts "it's going to be okay " he said to him while going towards him. He took him in his arms and hugged him tightly. After this exchange of tenderness, Demir took his suitcase, took a last look at the 2 people of the house before heading to his car in the driveway.

***************************************************************************

During the trip, Demir's phone rings. He answers the call via the bluetooth of his car.

"Efendim Azmiye "

"Demir bey, are you on the road? " Azmiye asks.

"Yes, I should be there in 2 hours. Did you send me the file ? "

"Yes on your email box. The hearing is scheduled for in 4 days. You have an interview with Ms. Sever at 3pm "

" Very well. Thank you Azmiye. "

" Have a nice trip Demir bey. "

Immediately hung up, Demir dials his business partner's number. He picks up after 3 rings

" How are you my brother? Are you on your way ? "

"Vedat, tell me again why I have to take care of this case ? "

"Already because you didn't make your quota of hours of court-ordered counsel and that I know the mother of the accused."

"Please, call me back briefly the case. I still have 2 hours to go before arriving and reading the file that Azmiye sent me. " Demir asks.

"Selin Sever, 24 years old, accused of hacking. She was arrested for participating in several bank and jewelry robberies. " replies Vedat.

"You know her mother, do you think she is guilty ? "

"I don't know but I think so. We have to play on the fact that she's dating Burak Yanget. "