seventeen

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Ahyoung sat down beside Rina for their geography class, mood as dark as her soul and a small scowl present on her face. It was a relatively cloudy day, like most, and things were starting to return to normal after the whole 'Yeosang ordeal', as it was known as. Apparently, his punishment had been a nasty five days in solitary detention without blood, food, nor water.

The raven haired female felt he had it coming, since risking so much for a human was 'utterly pointless'. She also couldn't help but wonder whether this new vampire of his even knew what Yeosang went through to save his life.

Her attention shifted from her thoughts to the two boys who entered, the legendary pair of their school. San ran his hand through his black hair and ignored everyone else around him as he politely reclined into his seat near the window, accompanied by his best friend. Not a soul had dared to even try sitting beside either male before, though a few confident vampires had perched in front or behind them in hopes of a conversation.

They were denied, of course. But one couldn't blame a player for trying.

Her eyes almost burned holes into the back of San's head, somewhat willing his attention to be on her. He ignored it though, muttering away to the older boy about things no one could hear. He was so unimaginably beautiful, it pained her not to be around him all the time.

"I'm hungry," Rina sighed, picking at her long nails and showing complete disinterest for what went on around her. She was, for the most part, slow and calculating. But she came from a family of ruthless mixedbloods, so it was very apparent that the ravenette held more inside than what she let on.

"I've started to wonder about something," Ahyoung murmured, completely ignoring whatever it was Rina had said.

"Oh dear. That can't be good."

"Oh shut it, your snarkiness isn't welcome here," the female rolled her eyes, completely hypocritical though unaware of it. "But I've been thinking about what would happen if, say, that human suddenly disappeared. The one San values, that is."

"And by disappear," Rina grumbled, "You mean chewed up and spat out?"

"Well, I'm only sharing a thought," she responded with false innocence. "I wouldn't dream of defying Choi San."

"Oh god, Ahyoung," the older grimaced, "Whatever it is you're planning, stop. It's not worth toiling with a human life, or upsetting a pureblood over."

"I haven't said anything!"

"Shhh," Rina hissed, glancing over the the two oblivious purebloods briefly before returning her gaze to her despicable friend. "I don't care what nefarious ideas fly around that twisted mind if yours, but I'm not participating in any of them. Remember that."

Ahyoung blinked once to taunt the other, making it appear that her opinion meant close to nothing to her. Rina shrugged, unbothered by any of it.

Whether he knows it or not, San is mine. That little purple haired bastard will learn it the hard way....the brutal mixedblood imagined darkly.

♦︎♢♦︎

Wooyoung walked up to his dorm room, swinging the door open and eliciting a lonely sigh when the empty space on Seonghwa's bed remained. He was so used to always having the older teen around, that now he wasn't sure what to do with himself.

He wasn't able to complain to anyone, irritate anyone, stay up late and talk with anyone. The one boy who allowed him all those things was gone. Stuck in some random room far out of Wooyoung's reach in the vampire dorms.

I need to get him back, the teen thought desperately, closing the door behind him and moving to collapse down on his own bed. I don't care what San says. Seonghwa wouldn't bite me....I know it.

Though how well did the purplette know his friend, now? The inner vampire now running through his once human veins would control most of his thoughts, his movements, and his self restraint. Of course Seonghwa would see Wooyoung and remember everything, and all that they had. But right in the centre of his vision would be the perfect areas where arteries lay, the weaknesses the younger had, and his mind would push him to act without reason.

Vampires were hunter-killers. The ultimate predators.

San knew all about his own species, and how strong and unruly the mixedbloods could be when compared to purebloods. It was essentially like owning a pedigree dog that had all of its possible weaknesses and traits mapped out, compared to a mongrel that had unpredictable genetics and unforeseen issues.

As Wooyoung moped for a little longer, considering one useless idea after another about how to get his best friend back, he finally had to give up and try again some other time. His legs drew him up to stand and he subconsciously wandered towards the large window to view the front campus.

His heart ached painfully, needing someone around to fill in the emptiness Seonghwa had left. Wooyoung didn't like being left alone, and especially at night when eery shadows came out to play.

As the male flopped his body over the open window sill and stared listlessly towards the distant front gates, memories of the night he had met San and stopped his vicious actions came flooding back.

Those red eyes.

Those fangs.

That beautiful scent he radiated.

How unforgettable it had been. And that whole moment which had only really lasted five minutes, changed his life here in this school. Quite possibly forever if the pureblood felt strongly enough about him.

A figure emerged from the darkness, stepping into a patch of moonlight right in front of Wooyoung's third floor window. The said boy looked up at him, an adoring smile present with an attempt to melt one's heart.

"San?" The younger tilted his head, totally missing the relief that flooded through when it became apparent that he no longer had to be alone. "What are you doing down there?"

"For some reason, I could just feel your unrest. Something told me that you'd want some company."

What a flirt, the purplette thought, though it didn't change the fact that he smiled at the gesture. "And I suppose you're about to break an important school rule to come up here?"

"Well, I suppose that depends on whether I have permission from you or not," San arched his brow suggestively, and something deep within Wooyoung told him that he would be safe. That the ravenette wouldn't try something underhanded.

"You know, the old days of vampires needing consent to enter places are over."

"Then is that an invite in disguise?"

"Perhaps....."

The younger watched the other's beautiful smile as San easily leapt from windowsill to windowsill, breaking every rule, he was sure. The black button up adorning his slim frame fluttered in the mid autumn breeze, and his collar bones were somewhat obvious now.

Wooyoung quickly stepped back to let him in, watching as the vampire slid into his room and shut the window quickly.

"Hello, Darling," San chuckled, letting go of his stiff persona for once.

"H-Hey...."

─────── • ❥ • ───────