Phase 1: Chapter 5

I go back to my room after my very heartfelt sibling moment. I need to accept my admittance to Bertrand's Academy. 

I get to my room and grab the blue laptop of my disorganized desk. I move some of my drawings aside and try to find a space to set the laptop. I sit down and try to turn it on.

"Please turn on", I pray with my head tilted up.

The windows system finally starts to boot and I visibly relax. 

I quickly type in my password and hope that I can do what I need to do before this godforsaken piece of shit turns off again.

I open my mail and quickly accept the admittance.

Agree

Agree

Yes, I agree.

Finally done. I say finally a lot. I'm not actually saying it but...

Alright. I leave in a week. What do I pack?

Ha, I own nothing. There's nothing to pack.

"Where are my damn cigarettes Seth", the devil screams.

Great. Another beating. I need to work tomorrow, I don't need this shit.

I walk out of my room and into the hallway and come face to face with my father.

Huh, I never noticed how much of taller I am than him. I have at the very least a foot over him. 

"What do you want Malcolm?", I bellow. 

I haven't been this angry in a while. I don't even know what I'm so angry about right now but I want to fight someone right now.

Most especially, him.

I might be going insane today. Have I always been like this?

"Who you think you talking to like that", he demands now livid and almost bursting with anger.

I bet he can't remember the last time I stood up to him like that. Hell, stood up to anyone.

"There's only two of us in this hallway, so take a guess"

He makes a gnarly sound. It's almost animalistic.

"Aarghhh", he growls as he pounces on me.

He tries to ram into me but this time I'm ready.

I don't think about my actions after that. I just remember wildly throwing punches and blood... a lot of blood.

Screams. 

Someone's screaming. 

"Stop It! Oh my God Seth you're gonna kill him! Arrête ça!", Steph screams.