Chapter Two

I woke up once again in the hospital. Matt had pulled up his chair to beside my bed and was now asleep holding my hand with his head rested on the mattress.

I studied his features, his hair light brown and round face. His skin is kind of perfectly between pale and tan. I want to love this boy for some reason. But should I? Is it weird that I know nothing about him, nothing about us. But somehow I still want him to hold me in his arms.

Before I could over think it Matt's eyes slowly opened as he sat up and yawned, stretching his arms. Smiling once he noticed I was awake also.

"Good morning Lia." He yawned.

"Good morning."  I said, catching his contagious yawn.

But I remembered his promise.

"Are you gonna tell me the story?" I asked quickly, causing him to giggle.

"How about we go down to the cafeteria and get some breakfast first."

"Okay." I pouted.

I pulled my legs over the bed and tried to stand up, but started to fall forward until Matt caught me.

"Easy there, you're still really weak. I'll go get you a wheelchair." He said, sitting me back onto the bed.

"Okay." I said frustrated. This sucks, I can't do anything.

Matt came back with a wheelchair like he promised, lifting me up and sitting me in it.

"Thanks." I said once I got settled.

"Anything for you." He smiled.

Once we got to the completely empty cafeteria I got Matt to grab me a couple things to eat. A banana, and yogurt, with some milk. Being in a coma kinda kills your appetite surprisingly.

He brought them to the table and sat down beside me.

Matt watched me closely as I ate.

"What?" I giggled.

"Nothing." He said as he  looked to the floor with a smile. "I've missed being able to talk to you, and look in your eyes." He said quietly.

"Well, I'm here now." I said, placing my hand in his.

"But you don't remember me." He said sadly.

"Trust me, I want to." I said truthfully.

He looked up, leaning over and pecking me on the cheek.

I blushed and the spot where I had felt his lips tingled. I couldn't remember Matt, but maybe the feeling was still there.

I hope it is.

...

Matt was now holding the book, the book I made of us.

He opened it to the first page.

Matt's POV

 ________

I opened it to the first page. Hoping I could tell the whole story without breaking down, because all I could think about was that my true love couldn't remember me, and it was my fault.

The first picture is one of my favorites. It was the first picture of us, and even then you could tell we were in love. We were wearing our school uniforms. I was in khakis shorts, and a white collared shirt sitting next to Lia on top of our school sign of granite. She was wearing a black skirt that she hated, a more fitted version of my shirt, and her brown hair pulled into a pony tail. I was staring at her with a small smile while she studied a dandelion beside her, smiling widely.