Hidden Behind

Pewdie desperately tried to barricade the door,in fear of the undead creatures trying to get in. I tried so hard to keep calm,this was life or death...and I was stuck in this building with my friend. "Cry,go block the other door of the roof" he said,fear hinting in his voice. I nodded and ran to the top floor,nailing boards the the door. I ran back down to find Pewdie sitting in a corner,his head hurried in his knees. "Friend?" I asked and sat next to him," I'm...I'm sorry Cry..."he said,he sounded so upset. " You didn't do anything its not your fault we're in this situation" I tried to comfort him. He looked up at me with his crystal blue eyes. They hypnotized me so much,even from through my mask I had on my face. "Don't...please don't cry..."I tried to comfort him further. His eyes watered up,"Cry..." he breathed and hugged me close. I hugged back tighter, I have to do what I can to protect Pewdie....he was more than just a friend to me. He let go of me,leaning back against the wall his dirty blonde hair covering parts of his eyes and face.

I got up,I had to look for something to fight with,something to protect Pewdie with. I looked through the drawers of desks and a few cabinets in the building,it was only two floors and there wasn't much. A gun with just a few rounds,a fire axe,some pain killers,and a bag of chips. It wasn't really food but it was what we had to eat. I walked up to Felix again,he was relaxed now. I showed him the bag of chips and smiled a bit. He returned the slight smile, I sat next to him and opened the bag,I looked to see there wasn't much in it. I handed the bag to him," Eat up" I chuckled. He looked so surprised," No you can have it" my friend denied them. "But...Pewds you need to eat" I insisted. "Let's just share it..." he muttered. I nodded and set the small bag in between us and we took turns eating. I reached for he bag but I grabbed Felix's hand. I quickly pulled away my face getting a bit warm,I was glad I was wearing my mask so he couldn't see how red my face was. "Well...uh...we should get going" he stood up with the gun and smiled. I nodded and followed up with the fire axe and my backpack.

I took down the last undead creature to attack me. I hears a scream off pain,"Felix!" I yelled and turned around to see him down on the ground,a zombie walking toward him. He had a pistol but it wasn't enough to protect himself. I ran behind the zombie and chopped it's head off. " Cry!" he angrily yelled at me. Pewdie thought these things were still human,they were far from it. "You wouldn't do it so I did" I said and knelt down and began patching up the cut he had on his leg. His blue eyes burning holes in me, he could be mad at me all he wanted,I was going to protect him even if he didn't want me to. I stood him up and began walking off,he followed closed behind and I could here his sigh.

I looked behind me at him staring at the ground. "Keep alert Pewds" I muttered and continued to trudge foreward with my poker face mask. Felix was my best friend,more than my best friend I just wish he could see that. I felt embarrassed, ever since him and

Marzia had become just friends I've had my chances to say something to him, I just couldn't. I know I sound like a jerk when I say I'm glad they broke up,but I was happy about it. "Where is Marzia?" I asked him. He looked up at me from the ground,"She's in a shelter with other survivers" he said plainly. Me and him were sent out. along with a few others to clear the cities one at a time. The infection hit only a small area around the United States. At the time it hit Felix was visiting from Sweden. I could hear the dirty-blonde mumbling in Swedish behind me,I smirked. I loved the way he said it so fluently,it was smooth and had a soothing affect on me "Everything ok Pewds?" I asked him," don't worry about it Cry" he smiled at me.

I was busy trying to figure out how we were going to get past the hoard of undead creatures when Pewdie began to laugh. I turned to see him glaring at me,a hint of of insanity in his eyes. I backed away,my feet moving slowly,I wanted to run from him....that look he gave away....it scared me. He backed me in a corner and slid his fingers under the white round mask on my face. It fell the the ground,time seemed to stand still and his smile grew friendly and he chuckled. "You have beautiful green eyes" he whispered. I widened my said green eyes and my mouth curved in to a nervous smile, "Thank you..." I said mimicking his tone. He pushed away a lock of brunette hair from my eyes,warm breath close to my face. I breathed nervously,before whispering something I was way too afraid to say before,"I love you "