Dhampir: Chapter 2

I felt my wrist move and my eyes snapped open to see the male from last night crouched in a protective stance, trying to untie the cloth from his wrist. I smiled at his feeble struggles, chuckling quietly. His eyes snapped to me in shock and he tried to scramble farther away, pulling on my wrist. 

"You're going to yank both of our arms out of our sockets if you continue that," I scolded. 

He flinched at the sound of my voice, "Stay away from me, you filthy vampire!" His voice was full of hate, but laced with fear also. The look in his showed that he was trying desperately to hide his terror.

I cursed under my breath at the vampire comment. I'd forgotten to wipe his memory, but it wasn't like that mattered, since I kidnapped him.  "Actually, I'm a Dhampir, thank you very much."

The boy's eyes clouded with confusion. "What the hell is a Dhampir?" he asked.

I sighed, looking into his eyes with a cold sadness. "It means, my mother was a little slut and cheated on my father with a human, creating me," I spat, looking away as I finished the sentence.

He made a quiet "Oh" noise, not intended for me to hear, but of course I did. Anger crossed his face. "Anyway, why the hell am i with you? Wasn't my blood enough, you monster!?!?" His fists were clenched at his sides. 

I bored look masked over my face, and I flicked my eyes lazily back towards his. "Well, since I was just kicked out of my house, I've been kicked out of this territory, and will have to be moving, so I need a food source while I'm moving, obviously." I rolled my eyes, as if he was stupid for not knowing that. 

He began to plead for me to let him go, just like I knew he would. I sighed -a habit I was developing- out of irritation, and knelt down to where he was, on his knees. I held his chin, and his eyes widened, his mouth clasping shut in the middle of his sentence. I looked into his eyes, and slowly tapped between his eyes.

The male's eyes glazed over, and in A calm voice, I uttered, "Erase all memory, keep intelligence." 

The boy fainted, slumping to the ground in a limp heap of cloth and flesh. I sat down next to him, ripping the cloth of of his wrist, then mine. There would be no use for that anymore. Now I just needed a story....

****************************************************************************************************************

His eyes flicked open slowly. Finally my voice complained. He sat up, looking around.

"Wha...?"

I took a breath, getting into character. "Rye? Are you okay?" I asked, my face a look of worry. 

He looked at me, "Wh-who are you? Who am I? Where are we?" His questions were slow, his mind still trying to process what was happening. 

I pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his torso as I stroked the back of his head. 

"You're cold.." he murmured quietly, "But it doesn't feel bad."

A look of confusing crossed my face, but I fixed it before sitting back and looking into his eyes. 

"You're name is Rye Tratherson, and I'm your....girlfriend. I'm a Dhampir, half vampire? You wanted me to turn you when we ran away, but I didn't want you to, to be like me..." A fake tear rolled down my face, and I made my voice falter at the last part. "And then you fell, and you didn't wake up for a long time. I guess you lost your memory," I swooped him up into another hug. "I'm so sorry baby. Forgive me," I begged. On the inside, I was impressed with myself. I mean, I was always good at lying and acting, but this was my best job yet. Slowly, he relaxed into me and hugged me back.

"How old are we?" he asked.

"We're both 17," I said, he looked close to my age, so that would work. 

"Do....Do I love you...?" Rye asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

I nodded into his neck. he hugged me tighter.

"Why did we run away?"

"I didn't want to hurt anyone you were close to, because I knew it would hurt you too much, and I only have 3 years until I change into a full Dhampir. We wanted to make a life before I changed." The lies flew from my mouth smoothly, with perfect emotion. I didn't know where I was getting this, but it was believable and that was all I needed. 

"What's your name?"

"Tersey James."

I held my breath, hoping that was all he needed for now. He nodded slowly, and untangled himself from me. 

We sat there for a while, our arms brushing, both deep in our own thoughts.

I guess I had a human boyfriend now.

~~~~

Hey, I'm at home with a fever, and was in a creative mood, so I hope you guys like this chapter? I really didn't think I was going to do something like this, but it just kind of happened, and I'm going with it. Thanks for reading!

Comment/Vote/Fan!!!

~Lion