206 How Can I Continue To Trust You?

The remote control dropped on the floor, Seulgi's whole face was colorless and twisted.

She’d thought the worst-case scenario would be YoJeong successfully proving herself innocent; she wouldn't have expected in a million years that YoJeong would be able to find concrete evidence to expose herself.

The sender of that anonymous email benefited from both sides? Blackmailed her for 8 million and then turned around and sold the evidence to JYP right after?

On the TV, a reporter was asking YoJeong: "YoJeong, as far as anyone knows, you have a close relationship with Seulgi. What is her motivation? Is there a misunderstanding between you two?"

Seulgi's fingers quivered and she quickly turned off the TV, threw away the remote control and then tightly grasped Chanyeol. "Chanyeol oppa, let me explain…"

Seulgi felt Chanyeol trembling all over after she hugged him, his tightened fists creaking and his gentle face looked extremely pale and awful…

She had never seen Chanyeol like this before!

Profound fear swallowed up Seulgi's heart, she could only grasped Chanyeol tighter and explain in a rush, "Chanyeol oppa, it wasn’t me… It truly wasn't me… I didn't know anything about it… I didn't expect that Yeh Shuhua would do such thing! Maybe she wanted to set me up because I called her names several times when I wasn’t feeling well?"

Chanyeol let her grasp him however she wanted, but he didn't move at all and his voice was without warmth as he spoke. "If Yeh Shuhua was framing you, then why would she ask Yeop Seok to set up YoJeong? What benefit could she get?"

Seulgi's face froze and she spoke up again immediately, "She wanted someone to be a scapegoat! She followed me everywhere and knew that YoJeong treated me horribly in private, so if she put the blame on YoJeong, I wouldn't suspect her at all…"

"Even if I believe your far-fetched explanation, what about your injury?" Chanyeol continued asking.

Seulgi had managed to calm herself down a bit and explained as if she was the one who had suffered an injustice, "I said from the beginning that I was fine, daddy and mummy were just too worried about me and asked me to stay in the hospital all that time. Chanyeol oppa, you know that I was mentally and physically exhausted at that time and felt horrible. How could they blackmail me like that!"

Deep sorrow flashed across Chanyeol's numb face. "Seulgi… how can I continue to trust you?"

Seulgi bawled her eyes out, grabbing his hand tightly and looking at him as if he was her only redemption. "Chanyeol oppa! Trust me! Please trust me! People must be criticizing me everywhere out there, if you don't trust me, how will I be able to move on? The people who don't know me, I don't care about them, but don't you know me? You think I would do something like this to Jeong? Chanyeol oppa, please… Please… Don’t abandon me…"

Chanyeol looked sluggish and absentminded; he had no reaction.

Seulgi stared at him nervously.

After half an hour, Chanyeol finally took a deep breath and pushed her hand away, then staggered out the door.

Seulgi panicked. "Chanyeol oppa, where are you going?"

"Don’t follow me, I need some peace and quiet."

Bang! The door was shut.

In the room, Seulgi, like a piece of rotten clay, crashed to the floor like she had just been struck by a huge disaster, then swiftly called Yeri…

~~~~~~~~~~
This is the 13th chapter out of the 20 chapters mass release. I will take a rest and come back later to continue writing the rest.

Pls vote and comment. Follow me too if you haven't yet. Thanku, love you all and byee!!