↬one

in this world, angels, devils and everything in between all live together

in this world, angels, devils and everything in between all live together. you find out what you are when you turn 17 generally, but some people are visited by their group earlier. there is no conflict between them on the whole. no mass killings, no nothing. but it was not like this from the beginning...

about 100 years ago, small conflicts happened daily between all of the creatures over who the most powerful are. angels believed they were more fair than devils while devils believed the fairness of angels was their weakness and hence why devils should rule. but, no matter how hard each of the creatures tried to be the ultimate rulers, nobody agreed on anything and there were a lot of deaths. 

this chaos, however, obviously did not stop the devils. they tried with all their might to take over by force, but never actually succeeded. this carried on until about 100 years ago, when all was peace, as a greater good has taken control over all realms and stopped both sides from ruling. this "greater good" proved itself better than both angels and devils combined, and even devils had nothing more to say, and their rebellion died down. not many had been chosen as a part of this greater good, but there certainly were some important people who were identified a part of this group, and everybody else respected them and admired them.

lee yeongmi was one of these people who admired the greater good. when she was little, she would have dreams about being a part of this greater good and saving people. her hopes of being in this group died down though, when she was 15, she no longer believed she was a part of this greater good, because this group usually know of their power at age 10, or even younger. the latest someone has been exposed to this group was at age 14, and she was currently 16, turning 17 in 2 weeks. this didn't stop her from imagining what it would be like to see a person from this group in person though, as she has only seen anyone from the greater good on television.

...

"YAH LEE YEONGMI ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING"

A scream from her guardian angel, Soobin , woke her from another one of her daydreams. 

"no"

 soobin shook his head in disappointment.

"thought so. ok you're going to school by the way. bye "

"wait-"

"bye"

"aw..."

yeongmi smiled at the boy's angry face, and then her smile faded when she fully processed what he had said.

"SCHOOL?"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"can we just go home already? I hate it here"

"no"

she frowned at his reply. she did not expect to be back at school so soon, because her old school started at september the 4th instead of the 1st.

"okay I'm going to go to my friends now. Have fun!"

yeongmi glared at soobin as he casually left her in an environment she knew nothing about. he was supposed to be her guardian angel.  looking around, she saw a cluster of angels chatting to her left. she decided to approach them carefully because they looked friendly.

"hello! do you guys know where class 1A is?" she asked 

"yep, take this corridor and turn right at the end and it's the first door to the left. Do you want me to take you there? Are you new?" asked the short brunette girl wearing a beige jumper. 

"yuh, I'm new, can you show me the way?"

"duh girlie, but only if you say your name i don't even know who I'm taking on a tour..." sighed another one of the girls, who had wavy black hair and was wearing a red stripy jumper.

"I'm Yeongmi, what about you guys?"

"i'm naeun, that girl with the red stripy jumper is hyejin, the girl with the navy jacket is miyu, the boy with a pastel blue jumper is sunoo and, finally, the boy wearing the pastel pink hoodie is jeongin!" the girl with the beige jumper exclaimed excitedly.

"stop it naeun, you're scaring the new girl!" someone taunted behind her.

yeongmi could see naeun cowering after seeing whoever made the comment. she traced the angels' gaze and turned to see who had interrupted. it was a cluster of three devils. the one in the middle was smirking, him being the one who had made the comment. there was a girl with dark brown hair who was wearing a black t-shirt and a black tennis skirt. she was sneering at the angels. the boy to his left wore a red and black checkered t-shirt and black overalls. he was not as menacing as the others and looked tired. he probably didn't want to be here either. 

as if on cue, the school bell rang, signalling the start of their next lesson: biology. naeun immediately fled the scene, taking sunoo with her. then miyu signalled for the rest of the cluster to follow. yeongmi didn't want to be late for the first lesson on her first day, so she followed too, but not without glaring at the devils first, who sneered back. 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

biology just was not as fun as she had expected. yes, the teacher, miss han, was enthusiastic and tried to make the process enjoyable. she welcomed yeongmi warmly to the class, and introduced her well. she was funny overall, yeongmi liked her and it seems like everyone else did too. she had expected to be dissecting a frog or some other creature, but they just learned about homeostasis and blood glucose or whatever.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

a tap on her right shoulder brought her out of her thoughts. she immediately turned around. behind her was soobin, who told her the bell just rang for lunch. her new friends waved to her and signalled for her to come with them. she smiled at the thought that she actually had friends at this school apart from soobin. wow, her day just got a lot better. with the sudden burst of energy, she grabbed soobin's hand and took him with her as she made her way towards her new friends. 

"hi guys, i hope you don't mind that i brought a friend around"

"it's fine, of course. he looks cool" miyu smiled.

they queued up for the food (with naeun whining about how long the queue was constantly) and after what seemed like years of waiting, they paraded to a table proudly, showcasing the loaded trays that they spent forever anticipating for. However, of course, nothing good lasts long.

oh god i typed this at 1am and i'm probably going to regret it :,)