Chapter 1

"Excuse me," a woman approached the counter, "Where is my latte?"

"I'm so sorry, Miss," I apologized as continued making a coffee, "We're pretty busy right now. Your coffee will be out in at most five minutes."

"Why aren't you making our drinks faster?" the woman complained.

"I'm the only one working, and we're very busy right now," I explained, "Just sit down, and your coffee will be ready in five minutes at most."

"What's your name?" the woman huffed.

"My name is Kyoko Kirigiri, Miss."

"I'd like to speak to your manager, Kyoko Kirigiri."

"My manager isn't here right now."

"Can I get their phone number."

"Sure, it'll come with your latte."

"You are the meanest barista I have ever met! I'll be sure to have you fired!" the woman stomped back to her table.

Trying to keep calm with those kinds customers is so difficult. I looked at the time, 4:53 PM. That was exactly when I should've started on Celeste's tea. She liked to have it done when she came in, but there were so many orders to finish. I decided I would start it later than normal. 

I got done seven orders when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Good evening, Kirigiri," Celeste's beautiful French accent filled my ears. I looked up at the clock, 5:00 PM. In the commotion, I hadn't even started on Celeste's tea.

I turned around to face Celeste, "I'm so sorry that I don't have your tea ready, Miss Ludenburg. We were very, very busy today, and I didn't have time to-"

"It is alright, Miss Kirigiri, I understand. I can wait for my tea."

I smiled, "Thank you for understanding."

Celeste sat at a table, and I got to work on her tea. She always ordered the same thing, rose hip tea, simmered in milk for five minutes with two teaspoons of sugar. I had the order memorized, and usually had it ready when she walked in. As her tea simmered, I worked on different orders. 

Once the tea was done, I brought it to Celeste. I placed it on the table, "Enjoy, Miss Ludenburg."

Celeste took a sip of her tea, "Perfect, as always, Miss Kirigiri."

I began to walk away, but Celeste's voice stopped me in my tracks, "Miss Kirigiri, may I ask you something?"

"Of course, Miss Ludenburg," I replied, "What would you like to ask."

"Well, it's more of a proposal than a question," Celeste took another sip of her tea, "I haven't had dinner yet, and I assume you haven't either. I was wondering if maybe you would like to come to get something to eat with me after your shift. If you can't, that is fine."

I smiled, "My shift is over in half and hour. If you're willing to wait that long, I'd love to come."

"I will wait as long as you need me to," Celeste smiled.

I felt a small blush creep onto my cheeks as I went back to work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

AN: I'm doing this as part of a twenty day long challenge I created where I make fanfictions based off of common AU concepts/fanfiction tropes. This is the first day, the coffee shop AU!

You might ask, why did I create this AU/trope challenge for myself? Well, my account can't live off the Femboy Hooters fanfic forever, I need to have more variety on my page.