Intro:

YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO COOY MY STORIES OR POST IT ANYWHERE!

Karma Aneli (Ah-nY-lEe) Lakes

June 3
12:34 pm

"Are you sure this is whatchu wanna do babygirl?" My dad asked me for the hundredth time. I laughed while I continued my drive

"Yeah daddy. You and Dena took GREAT care of me for the past 18 years and I couldn't be more thankful, but I think it's just time I learn to do stuff on my own, you know. I'm finally an adult now"

"You might think you an adult but you know you always my babygirl Karma.. and if you EVER feel like you wanna to come back home, bring your ass back home"

"Okay daddy... hey, I'm right down the road so I'm gonna call you later"

"Alright. Just give me a call when you get settled in. I love you babygirl"

"I love you too"

Following behind was the sound of my phone hanging up through the car speakers. I let out a sigh and gripped onto the steering wheel of my white Lexus car, a graduation gift from my dad and his wife dena.

All of my life I've lived with the two of them. He and dena were actually married for about 25 years, him being a lawyer and she's a cardiologist, and during that time he ended up cheating with my mom, creating me in the process and I guess my mom was so bitter about him not leaving Dena for her, she said I was his karma for doing what he did... hence my name.. then gave away all of her maternal rights once she had me. Even though dena was obviously hurt my dad did what he did, she couldn't have kids so she didn't mind stepping up to take the role as my mother.

I never really gotten close to my birth mother but through my high school years I started doing research, just curious, and ended up finding out I had a sister two years older than me that lived all the way two towns over so I reached out to her and we've communication almost everyday ever since. Once I started approaching graduation my sister, Milani, suggested I come stay with her being that she had her own spot so I saw it as a great opportunity to not only be close to my sister, but to also learn to branch off on my own without depending on my dad so much