22 | 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙

☠︎︎

Starley's POV

/ edited /

"This is even bigger than the mansion for God's sake." I grumbled with a glaring expression while eyeing this whole monstrosity in front of me with a widened mouth.

"That's because that's our home, this is the home for almost one thousand gang members, or maybe even more than that." Davien chuckled while deciding to touch my belly ever since the appointment, not making any move to stop.

Cutie.

"Woah! Everyone gets to stay here?" I asked excitedly while referring about the warehouse.

"Yes. All our members are survivors of some kind of assault in the past, and my previous men would recruit them to give them a home. Abuse, kidnapping, trafficking, drug dealing, etc. We give them a new chance in life by devoting their loyalty to me, and to serve their skills in fighting to protect and continue the legacy of the Silent Wolves, and in return, they get to live without the torture and have enough food and money." He explained while taking out a black card from his pocket.

"So everyone is under your protection?"

"Pretty much." He said casually before shrugging, while opening a door which was not the entrance.

"Where are we going? Isn't the entrance that way?" I asked while pointing at the doors from where people were entering and exiting happily.

"Princess, that is for the regular members. These doors leads straight to my own headquarters and office." He chuckled while putting some kind of password on a keypad.

Jesus Christ.

Then some kind of scanning machine appeared out of nowhere from above the doors and beamed a red light on me and Davien.

"What's going on?" I asked worriedly.

"Don't panic, this is a scanner for us to be granted into the office." He said while letting his face be scanned.

And then a fingerprint pad emerged from the wall, where Davien scanned his fingerprint and the doors opened.

"Holy shit, this kind of security is scary." I said dramatically while eyeing the weird scanning machine with squinted eyes.

"It's tight, and very much needed." He snickered while grabbing my arm, stopping me from staring the at the taut scanner.

"Only you can enter this area?" I asked curiously.

"Yes. The place is permitted for my fingerprint and face." He replied curtly.

"Is there something really special in this warehouse because of this amount of protection is needed?"

"If you want a deliberate answer, it's the people. They are the 'special item'. The security is for them to feel safe and protected, I need them to feel secured in my blanket after everything they've gone through." He said calmly.

If I didn't love this man enough, I love him even more now.

"It's so amazing to see the members have such a great leader like you." I said while smiling.