CHAPTER 13

'Thank you sir,' the young man said and left his office.

Lucian sat back in his chair and took a deep breath. It was good to meet such young people who were ambitious and knew what they wanted.

He looked at his desk and smiled as he looked at the photographs that were displayed there. He had added his wedding photo on his desk. That smiled on her face was the best. It was a good thing that Aurora was recovering and she was talking after one month. He had been working partially at home and at work. He couldn't leave her alone after all that.

He made a huge effort to have a flower garden made at the mansion. Every day she looked after the flowers which made her forget about everything.

Victor showed up in his office holding a file.

'What is it?' he asked him.

'We finally got something from Queensland,' he said and put the file on his desk.

Lucian took it and began to read the contents. According to the report, Peter died from the intake of a deadly poison from an oleander shrub. How he took it was mysterious. The poison was never in the food he took at the police station. They suspected that someone must have directly fed him the poison but if something like that had happened then that person would be dead by now. The poison was deadly and would kill instantly.

He moved to the other documents and he found something interesting. He looked at Victor and he said, 'I thought you should know. Everything was a bit suspicious so I just made them into one file. I think there is the answer you have been looking for.'

Lucian began to read the shocking contents in the document. The granny they met the same day Peter died also died but three days later. According to the autopsy report she took her normal dosage of pills which were doused with oleander poison serum again. These two were coincidental but when he read the report on the death of Aurora's parents everything became clear. Everyone who was close to Aurora was all dead as if someone was silencing them. Now no one in the entire world except Aurora had the truth.

He closed the file and looked closely at Victor.

'Whatever you saw today never happened,' Lucian said.

'I understand sir,' he said and left the office.

Everything was becoming clearer but first he had to see her face to make sure.

He took his suit jacket and left his office.

'Where are you going sir?'

'I'm going back home but I will be back. Just push all my appointments until I return,' he said as he got into the elevator.

'I will.'

Lucian took the elevator down to the basement parking where his car was. He unlocked the car, entered inside and switched on the ignition and drove off.

He didn't care about the speed all he wanted was just to go home and hold her in his arms.

When he arrived he couldn't find her inside the house.

'Where is she?' he asked.

'She went out for a walk thirty minutes ago,' the maid said and he followed in the direction she took.

Aurora had a thing for the woods and most poisonous shrubs were found there. No wonder why she went for a walk that day in the woods. She was looking for the oleander shrub. He spotted her coming back. She was walking and dancing at the same time.

As he got closer he noticed something, she looked free of worries unlike when they first met. If he asked her now, what would happen? She saw him and she ran towards him. He couldn't remain angry at her at all. She gave her whole heart to him and was devoted to him. Why would he keep digging things from the past? She ran into his arms and he picked her up.