A little thief

I started walking away from the house and back to the forest, completely lost. Maybe I shouldn't have left. Now I was back at the beginning.

I stopped to have a good look at the bag. Inside there was a small knife and a spoon, to use the jam I expected or to cut the bread to smaller pieces. But I could also use this knife to cut up wood. And with the wood, I could make a fire and even a small structure to keep shelter under. Though I don't think I'm that skillful.

I collected a bunch of branches from the trees and from the floor, putting them together in a bundle. Now how to light a fire without a match or a lighter...

I was feeling kind of confident since I had a knife now but all that confidence faltered a bit more every time I failed to light up a fire. I really sucked at surviving in the wilderness...

Moomin's P.O.V.

I was a bit disappointed that (Y/N) had to leave so soon.

She seemed nice too, we could have had one more member to play games with.

I sighed, looking at my plate. "I wish (Y/N) stayed a bit more. I didn't even get to introduce her to everyone."

"Well I think it's for the better you didn't anyway. Better to be safe than sorry." Little My replied, shoving another piece of pancake into her mouth.

She seemed pretty apathetic about the situation. Maybe even satisfied. We're talking about Little My afterall.

"You probably scared her away, Little My." I said, looking angrily at her.

"Nonsense! She scared herself away!"

Papa interrupted with a completely different statement:

"What I'm wondering is where she's going with no supplements or anything, really. She doesn't look like the traveler type." Then he added. "Moominmamma, did she have anything on her when she first came in?"

"No, I don't think so."

"And if it weren't for Moominmamma, she would have left with nothing on her! I tell you, something's wrong with that girl." said Little My.

"Maybe she leaves her items somewhere outside like Snufkin does." I said, remembering the tent Snufkin sets up. "You don't see Snufkin walking around with his backpack all the time."

"I guess that could be possible. But I still don't trust her."

Talking about Snufkin, he still haven't returned yet. I wonder where he is...

Your P.O.V.

I finally gave up trying to light up a fire, and started walking to find somewhere, anywhere I can be at least a bit comfortable. After a long walk deeper into the forest, I sat under a big tree to rest. Feeling hungry, I took out the sandwich from the bag Moominmamma gave me.

I had already finished the whole thing before I realized I didn't even need it. It didn't have any effect on my body.

Even though it was quite pointless, I still carried the bag because it made me feel safer. Besides, I could still taste the food, so it was a good mood lifter.

I laid down, tired, hoping it wouldn't be stormy this night. It was still cold, but I felt like I could bear it if nothing worse came on my way.

...

I woke up, back at my room.

I blinked, my mind blank. I was back. I was awake again.

This dream...it continued unlike most others. I wondered for how long I will keep having the same dream progress like this.