WHEN DO YOU GIVE UP ON YOUR PEOPLE?

While I was  sharing these leadership principles, a friend asked, "So, when do you give up on people?" Ang sagot ko, "When they give up on me and when they cause division inside the company." What do these mean?

I know people will always commit mistakes. So as a leader, I will mentor, work with them, and help them achieve the goals I give them. In return, I expect them to listen to me, follow my instructions, and do their best. Their best may not be at par with my standards today, but if they cooperate and try to continually improve, in due time they will be able to meet my expectations.

But if after doing this, the person still insists on doing things his way and refuses to be corrected, then this tells me that he does not want me to lead him anymore. This is what it means when I said he is giving up on me. In response, I will tell him that he will be better off somewhere else. So I will encourage him to work for someone he will listen to and follow. 

In the same way, I will also give up on anyone who will cause any division inside the company. I will do this to follow the counsel of Titus 3:10–11 (NASB1995) which says, 'Reject a factious man after a first and second warning, knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned." I will give up on such a man for the same reason I mentioned above. When a person causes division, it means he does not want me to be his leader anymore.

But when a person listens and tries hard to improve, when his spirit is willing even though he may be a bit slow, I will continue to work with him. I have found that people like them are very loyal when given a chance.