BLAZING SUN

The 'target'. The one bullied by the king, accompanied by, literally everybody in the school. The school board and teachers don't do shit about it. They've accepted how fucked up Wen High was. Some targets had such an unfortunate life at school that most of them have to go to therapy, or even drive themselves to harming themself- or even worse.

Or- that's how Wen Qing described it. Wei Ying's jaw dropped to the floor. He really made the wrong choice of transferring to Wen High. But another question popped up in the boy's head. How is Wen High one of the richest schools' in all of China? It made absolutely no sense why people were applying to this god forsaken school with a bunch of fools playing a game of chess with their own lives.

"Well- that's how i see it at least." Wen Qing brushes it off like the subject she was talking about wasn't shocking.

Wen Qing grabbed Wei Ying's wrist and dragged him out of the empty classroom they were in and led him to an empty hallway. "Wen Qing-" Wei ying tries to catch his breath since Wen Qing made him run while she was dragging him. "I saw the king.." She explains while huffing. "He probably wanted to meet you, Wei ying." Wen Qing's voice was unstable. This, 'King' is in great power. Wei Ying thought. 'I should stay away from him.' Though, Wei Ying knows that wouldn't last long. Trouble was like rain. It soaked Wei Ying, staining his clothes. Wherever he seemed to go, trouble went with. As if they were best friends. Although Wei Ying wants to stay out of it, he believes that life would be boring without any trouble in their lives. If nobody was going to make a commotion, he'd better do it.

"Do you know the king's name-? So i can.. Ahem, avoid him?" Wei Ying's gulps. "His name.. Is Wen Chao."

Wei Ying squinted, so why was a male that looked eerily like Wen Chao in the same infirmary as him? What was he planning? That son of a bastard has no moral rights for what he did to Wen Ning. Wei Ying will never forgive him for what he did to the boy who became the 'Target' for no apparent reason.

"Wen Chao.. all right, you're back." Anger lingering in his tone.

"Wei Ying-? Are you here?" The boy with the flaming sun on his jacket calls out to Wei Ying, Wei Ying panicked and buckled beneath the bed, resulting in a loud, thump!

Wen Chao slid the curtains over, to see Wei Ying on the floor in pain. "Wei Ying..? Are you- alright?"

"Why are you-" Wei Ying's voice trembled, "Here..?"

"The teacher told me that you would show me around, i bumped into a boy, and asked where you are.. He said that you were in the infirmary. What happened?" Wen Chao carefully lifts Wei Ying up, holding his hands, and treating him like how Lan Wangji treated him.

Why is sudden change in heart?

"Do you think you can still show me around?" Wen Chao says with hearts in his eyes, holding Wei Ying's hands for too long to Wei Ying's liking. "Why are you here." Wei Ying says in a straightforward tone, starling Wen Chao. "Go back to your own school, with your corrupt ways.." Wen Chao's eyes went all sad-like. Disappointed in Wei Ying's words.

"My father wanted me to try some schools out, since Wen High's education is not as strict and helpful- my father encouraged me to go to Gusu. Since they are known for raising great dispiles with business education." Wei Ying's brows furrowed as he frowned, his reasoning sounded truthful.

"Wen Ning, Wen Qing.." Wei Ying's voice faltered, "Are they.. Okay?"

"Ah.. Wen Ning and Wen Qing? They're doing fine. Wen Ning is recovering from.. That. And Wen Qing is studying medicine. My father and the school says she will soon be one of the greatest doctors in Qishan."

Wei Ying smiles, knowing that they're safe made Wei Ying happy. But then again- the pain and suffering they had to go through was because of the man in front of him.
Wei Ying will never forget what he did, let again forgive the man! He needs to pay his deeds may it be his life, or the same pain and suffering from all the people he had harmed.

But- he didn't seem like an awful person now.

"So.. are you still available to show me around?" Wen Chao asks. Wei Ying thought for a bit, he didn't seem like an awful person.. Wei Ying hesitantly nods. Wen Chao lights up with glee. He intertwined his fingers with Wei Ying's, and his face goes a bit too close to Wei Ying's making him blush. "Great! Let me go get my schedule!" Wei Ying nods, his face flushed. Wen Chao looks into Wei Ying's eyes, the light ash gray makes Wen Chao feel something, just like it did three years ago.

The same feeling in his stomach, his heart pounded, he almost forgot to let go of Wei Ying's hands, he chuckled slightly and walked out of the infirmary. Leaving Wei Ying in disbelief and shock, Wen Chao's heart couldn't stop beating. He knew he needed to be with Wei Ying, even if he dies.

Wei Ying will be his.

A/N: a new challenger has approached wangxian ahah- Wen Chao is kinda ooc but he's still an asshole ❤️