Chapter 4 - Harsh Truth

There was no scar.

Myeong Jo gasped in shock. She covered her mouth with her hand to hold her gasping shock.

Jimin knocked on the bathroom door, “Myeong Jo, gwenchana?”

She didn’t hear him as she was in so much shock.

He knocked again, “Yah! Are you okay in there? Gwenchana? Myeong Jo-ah!”

She fell on her knees in the bathroom floor, creating a loud noise. Jimin got worried more.

“What was that? Are you okay? Myeong Jo, open up!” Jimin yelled at her now.

Myeong Jo was feeling too lost. She couldn’t understand anything. The scar not being there means she was never there when the man hit her. Maybe she wasn’t even in this place. She was never married to Jimin. Maybe she wasn’t even born in this place.

Jimin began banging on the door, “Myeong Jo, open the door or else I'm gonna break it.”

She wasn't from here. She's been doing something wrong. She's taking someone else's place. Myeong Jo felt her heart getting heavier with pain and guilt. She shouldn’t do this. She was an ordinary poor girl with struggling bad nightmare which she called memories. Not any Queen or a wife.

She opened the door and saw Jimin was about to break open the door.

“What happened to you? Why did you run away all on a sudden? Why did you close the door?” Jimin yelled at her with so many questions.

Before she could explain, he hugged her without any hesitation. Her eyes widened.

“Don't you dare scare me anymore. I can't lose you.” Jimin muttered under his breath.

Myeong Jo wanted to pull away. She knows he was thinking her as his wife. When she was clearly not. She wanted to push him away. This was wrong.

But as you know, no one could resist a hug. Jimin's beautiful warm hug melted her in a second. The flow of tenison, confusion, worries that were inside her body slowly decreased into normal.

Jimin with his right hand stroke her long brown hair softly. Caressing her in the most adorable way. Myeong Jo couldn’t resist him so she stood with him like that. She needed to calm down. And he was the medicine.

“Please...don't leave me again.” she heard him muttering.

“I-I need to go somewhere.” She took the courage to speak.

“Andwae. I won't let you. I'm coming with you.” Jimin pulled away and held her shoulders.

“Last time, I didn’t accompany you and look what happened. I won't let that happen again. I'm coming with you.” he said firmly.

But Myeong Jo knew if he came with her, he would want to know every single thing. She had a slight idea of what was going. She couldn't tell him everything now.

She slid his hands away, surprising him.

“Trust me. I have to go somewhere. Don't stop me. I'll take some security guards.” she walked pass him quickly.

But he held her hand to stop her, “Where are you going? Y-You don't even remember anything.”

Myeong Jo gulped, “T-The library. I'm going there.”

She read in the diary that the real wife used to go to the libraries too. So Jimin built a grand library inside the castle just for her. Though she had plans to somewhere else.

“L-library?” Jimin asked, raising his eyebrows.

She nodded.

He let her go and immediately she ran off the room.