Chapter 17 - Exposed

"Noona, I'm here." Jungkook came inside her room with a bowl of porridge. Myeong Jo slowly sat upright; her back laying on the hardboard of the bed. Jungkook sat beside her bed and wanted to feed her.

"I can eat it, Jungkook-ah...." her voice sounded hoarse.

"Aniyo, you're too weak......" he began feeding her spoon by spoon.

She chuckled a little and kept eating.

"Still no improvement?" Jungkook asked in the mid way.

She gulped down, "He doesn't even look at me."

Jungkook sighed, "I don't understand what is wrong with Hyung! You need him more than anyone now. And he's busy holding a grudge against you."

Myeong Jo barely survived the bomb blast. She took the jacket away from everyone and was about to throw it into the air. But that's when it exploded. It was almost 15 inches away from her.

Luckily her limbs and arms were okay but her whole body had brusies and was wounded. Her heart was barely beating. The surgeons had to operate thrice on her weak body and then after about another week, she finally regained conscious.

Jimin was beside her when she woke up. He looked like he was half dead. Bags under his eyes, red swollen teary eyes, hair messed. He was miserable without her.

But then suddenly he stopped talking with her. She asked him several times what happened. He decided to stay silent. Until Ji Eun asked him so he said he was mad at both of them. Both Myeong Jo and himself.

Why? Because she was the one who had to risk her life for him every time. And he couldn't protect her every single time. He was mad at Myeong Jo for not listening to him and keep risking her life. She knows what place she holds in his heart. She knows if something had happened to her, Jimin himself would die. Yet she keeps taking her own life easily. Also Jimin was angry at himself. For letting Myeong Jo risking her life for him every time when he should be the one doing that.

Like these, he distanced himself from his precious wife. Not because he was mad at her; because he wanted her to realize that Myeong Jo's life is Jimin's life. If there is no her, then there is no him. By staying away, he hoped his wife would stop staking her life for him. She should take care of herself instead of worrying about Jimin all the time.

"He's stupid, right?" Myeong Jo chuckled slightly.

"I would rather say Dumbo. He got no jams." Jungkook hissed.

"What is doing now? Is he eating well? Where does he sleep? Is Jimin even working at all?" she threw many questions at Jungkook.

He stared at her for a while, "All I know is he's busy handling the Kingdom. And he stays inside his chamber. Sometimes his office."

Myeong Jo pouted and frowned at the same time.

"What did I do so wrong? How could I stay put when I knew his life and the whole Kingdom were at risk? Does he expect me to remain calm even if there's a Bomb inside his jacket?!"

"Noona, if I was him, I would definitely want you to save me. But he is worried for you, you know? He didn't sleep or eat the whole week you were unconscious. He terribly loves you and doesn't want to lose you. Give him some time. He'll eventually come back to you." Jungkook gave her a satisfying smile.