Part 1

TW: crying

When Romulus split Patton was quick to choose Roman over Remus. he decided which was good and bad just by how they looked. Roman in white and Remus in black it couldn't be any clearer right.

As expected Roman went with Patton and Remus went with Janus. Patton said the dark sides were evil and trying to hurt Thomas and Roman believed him, he was his father figure and he had never seen a dark side apart from his brother who he didn't even get to talk to. Remus, on the other hand, was clinging to his bedsheets as his mind was overwhelmed with thoughts of pushing people off a cliff and jumping out of a moving car. he was thinking of going to Janus but he was busy with his snake. 

All a sudden he heard the door crack open. Remus was scared to look above his bedsheets. after a minute of debating whether to look or not, he looked above his bedsheets and saw a small green octopus sitting on a letter.

Dear Remus,

I heard you crying and I thought you would need a little buddy to help with your sadness. you can talk to him about things you would rather not talk about with me. and you can come to me if it's weird to talk to a stuffed animal.

Janus~ 

Remus looked at the stuffed animal. 'it looks so well made, wonder if he conjured it or made it himself' Remus thought. he wrapped his armed around the stuffed animal that was the size of his chest he immediately felt better.

He let his thoughts wander to the person he saw when he woke up. Janus told him they where twins but couldn't be together, wonder why I mean he wanted to get to know his brother but he was dragged away so fast buy the other man wearing a sky blue polo. he would ask Janus tomorrow he felt himself slowly go to sleep as he hugged his octopus tightly.

Janus came in to check on Remus to see if he was ok. when he didn't hear anything he cracked open the and saw an adorable sight of Remus cuddling the stuffed octopus he made.all six of its arms where around Remus.

Janus found himself wanting to be that octopus. he had six arms but hid four of them to not scare anyone. he could easily mimic the stuffed octopus but why was he wanting to do that. remus and Janus were around the same age but they just met why was he dealing so protective over him.

Janus returned to his stuffed snake he has because before Remus he was the only one there. Romulus and Remy came over some times but it wasn't often so he has a stuffed snake for company.he quickly cleaned up all the extra fluff he had left over when he made the octopus. he crawled into bed with is snake, culled it around himself, and went to sleep.

.

As the weeks went on Janus and Remus got closer to each other. (not that close yet ya nasties) mostly because they were the only ones they had in the mind space that actually stayed full time in the dark space. Remus and Janus started to develop crushes on each other but didn't know if the other returned the feelings. Remy came and introduced himself to Remus and Remy even gave Remus coffee which was a big mistake and made him hyper the rest of the day.

During his hyper state, he saw Janus's deodorant and had the sudden urge to eat it and that's exactly what he did. Janus tried to get him to not eat it but at the end of the day he was addicted to deodorant.

.a year later

Remus was going to ask Janus out but didn't know how. he decided on going to imagination to think of some ideas. he still got intrusive thoughts but it was better since he had the octopus. he was at the edge of his kingdom with a small town in the middle of it. on the other side of the barrier was a lot more bright kingdom. he always wondered if that was his brother's kingdom or not. 

He was going to give up on today and head back when he saw a small person on the other side of the barrier. the person must have seen him too cause he started to run in Remus's direction. when he got to him Remus looked him over.

He had a face that's for sure. light fluffy brown hair with dark reddish brown eyes, and tan skin. his outfit was mostly white with a red silk sash around his chest.

"who are you?"