Part 1. Mother's Wish

Shanghai

"I already bought everything, I will pack them later. Be sure to buy flowers before meeting them", Mrs. Jongcheveevat reminded her son.

Mew chuckled sitting up from his table, his mom just barged in to his office, bringing numerous paper bags. Apparently, his mom has done her annual shopping for the Traipipattanapong's. The two lady assistants of her mother silently went out of his office as his mom gracefully dismissed them.

"Mom, I haven't heard Dad agreed on this. You knew he needed me here", Mew gently argued, sitting with his mother on the visitor's chair.

Mrs. Jongcheveevat snorted, "You and your Dad knew it is your time to go so I'm not gonna hear that excuse. You cut your vacation last year so this year, you need to stay longer there"

"Two months is too long, Mom. Dad won't agree to that", Mew complains.

As if on cue, his father, Chairman Jongcheveevat entered his office, "I am not saying anything", the old man walks and sits with them.

"See! Now, let's say you need to stay there for...hmmm...a year...that will be good", the old lady insisted.

Mew looks at his father asking for help but to his horror his dad just shrugged his shoulders.

Mew, "Mom, that's too long. Okay, the usual. Two months."

Mrs. Jongcheveevat, "No. Last year you stayed only for two weeks. You definitely need to stay longer. Six months"

Mew exhales sharply, "Three months. More than that is not okay, how about my work?"

"As if you are not working when you are there. You managed to fire one of our sales manager last year, in a span of two weeks". Mrs. Jongcheveevat argued.

Mew pulled back, relaxing himself on the backrest, "He is incompetent. And I didn't fire him, he resigned"

Mrs. Jongcheveevat shakes her head, "You had a talk and he just resigned?! You scared the poor man"

"While we are on this topic. Mew, why don't you oversee the hiring of the new Executive Vice President for the Thailand Branch? While you are there, you be the interim EVP", Chairman Jongcheveevat said smiling.

Mew looks at his father, checking if his old man is joking. Their car manufacturing company has two branches, the main one is in Shanghai. His father was managing the Thailand branch before, until they have to leave when his grandfather died and their family had to go back to Shanghai. The EVP just resigned recently.

Chairman Jongcheveevat, "Don't look at me like that. I am not demoting you. Your position here as President is still yours. We have a lot of things to fix in Thailand and I trust you'll be able to fix it in no time. Unless, you would want to stay there for good"

Mrs. Jongcheveevat smile widely at her husband, hoping that finally this year his son and Grace's relationship could develop as she wishes. She already lost her hope for her daughter and Gulf, since Jom got herself a boyfriend last year.

"You are old enough to marry. I'm looking forward to meeting my daughter-in-law. Your younger sister is even getting married and you haven't made any progress yet", Mrs. Jongcheveevat complains.

Mew exhales, his mother hasn't given up playing cupid and his usually quiet father now seems to side with his mother.

***

Bangkok a week later

Gulf pouts transferring his things to his parent's room. He is being kicked out again of his room because of Mew.