𝘁𝘄𝗼

PIPER ARRIVED TO the scene at the same time as Stiles and his father, Sheriff Stilinski. However, instead of paying attention to the drama at hand, one that she had caught up on during the drive - an alpha had attacked two teens at a video shop, Piper peered around, looking around for any traces of a red eyed werewolf, any slip ups.

As she continued to look, her attention was stopped by the sight of her brother next to a brooding Derek Hale.

The older McCall sneaked around the scene and made her way up the ladder to the top of the video stand. "You guys do realize you look look like a drug dealer," She gestured to Derek, walking over to the two. "And you look like the poor teenager who's addicted to weed." She then pointed to her brother.

The two werewolves jumped at her voice, turning their attention to the small brunette in front of them. Derek immediately furrowed his eyebrows, repeating the last few moments in his head, wondering how he could've missed her movements.

"Shouldn't I have sensed you," Scott exclaimed in confusion.

Piper smirked, "I learnt a few tricks from The Hybrid Pack." 

What kind of tricks?" Derek asked suspiciously.

Piper shrugged, her gaze lingering on the Hale for a moment too long, "So another innocent killed," She stated, looking at the scene playing out beneath them. The ambulance leaving the site with loud sirens playing. Sheriff Stilinski talking to one of his fellow officers.

Derek held back a growl, becoming bothered by Piper's constant avoidance of his questions. "Starting to get it?" The Hale turned to the younger McCall, who was emitting chemo-signals that could be identified as worry.

"I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why," Scott replied with a gulp.

Piper rolled her eyes, "That's like asking a serial killer why he's killing random people, it's just their mindset."

"But this isn't standard practice, right? We don't just go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?"

"No," Derek answered, his exterior tensed as he spoke. "We're predators, doesn't mean we're killers." 

"Then why is he a killer?" Scott whined.

"That's what we're going to find out."

The three of them left the rooftop, Piper and Derek not bothering to spare a second glance at the scene, both knowing they couldn't do anything about it. However, Piper knew that Scott was watching as he walked, being able to sense the worry and guilt chemo-signals.

Piper had trained herself for these kind of situations, to feel nothing and as her role of the big sister, she knew she would have to introduce that talent to Scott. "Come on Scott, we don't have all night." Her voice instantly caught the attention of her brother, who quickly followed in her pursuit.

______

"You know I have a life too," Scott mentioned to Derek, as they entered the remains of the Hale House.

"No you don't," Derek replied as he walked upstairs, ignoring the tone of the beta.

Piper followed after her brother, closing the door behind them. "Yes, I do!" The younger McCall retorted - his teenager tendencies showing as he complained. "I don't care what you say about him make me his pet."

Piper snorted at her brothers stupidity, the noise gaining the attention of the male werewolves as they turned their attention to her.

"Part of his pack," Derek corrected.