28 | 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙡

☠︎︎

Aria's POV

/ edited /

"Oh God, please make this work." I chanted profusely as all the men gathered around the security cameras of the computer room in this warehouse basement and murmured incoherently amongst themselves.

Please work, please work, please fucking work for the love of God.

I'n sweaty as fuck, I need a sanitiser ugh. I really hope this shit doesn't crash.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS HE!?" Brandon boomed furiously with a clenched jaw as he tugged his hair in annoyance.

"He's a few seconds away Bran, Belle is with him." Cole responded in the same snarling tone with taut crossed arms, making me gulp silently while I started at the screen.

"Is she caught?" I whispered to them hesitantly, and seeing them nod together at me sent a huge wave of relief around my whole body almost instantly.

Thank you Jesus.

"I NEED SOME GOOD NEWS AFTER WAY TOO LONG!" Belle finally thundered after a few moments of silence in these spacious walls, as she entered the room with a expeditiously angry and a completely different looking Davien.

Holy hell, it's like I'm looking at him for the first time in my life.

Well, that's what happens when you don't see him for an apparent amount of few decades.

"Boss." Everyone greeted surprisingly and softly to see him all freshened up after a very long time. All of them eyed him as he looked unrecognisable with a bigger buff figure and wider shoulders, as if he became two times stronger than how he was before, while he held his same cold expression out in display with no remorse.

"Who's the fucking mole?" He growled and everyone gasped at the intensity of his voice, while I flinched at his terrifying tone and backed away a little for my sanity.

Do not. Ever. Piss off a Davien Kar people. Like ever, it's not worth it. Lesson learned.

Trust me you do not want to get on his bad side.

"Before the the whole mole episode, we'd like to show you something." Lucas announced in a rush while he brought forward the retakes to retrieve a CCTV clip.

"On the day Starley disappeared, we found one corrupt file within the footage clips we track. This clip was very well destroyed, that it took almost 2 months to revive it completely. We had to hire the world's most notorious and stubborn computer genius to help us. He had to work on this for almost 14 hours everyday to decode all the blocks and disturbances. This footage is of the shooting-range in the basement, where mostly people were ordered to not tend to because of your resurgence," Lucas started before showing the footage of the cafeteria first.

"Here, Starley is sitting with her friend and it looked like Ms Aria went ahead to get some food from the cafeteria. Then this woman appears out of nowhere and her face isn't very visible to the camera at this moment. Her posture indicates that they were having an awkward conversation, but then Starley starts to follow her somewhere,"

Then other 2 tech gurus came ahead to bring the corrupt file, or pen drive and plug it in at the back of the large screen, making my heart pound in my chest frantically to see the results.

"We can't play this clip for long, it's still very corrupt and can damage the whole security system to bits. So over here, the mysterious woman takes Starley to a booth and makes her watch her practising for a few minutes, before they start to talk again, but then, 5 men appear from the back entrance with masks on," He explained while showing the black and white flickering scene of the men entering the range casually.