1.Yes daddy

The alarm won't shut up. I turn over to the other side to try find my phone, digging through my mountain of pillows for it then finally finding it. I shut off the alarm and get out of bed. I feel so tired. How is it possible when all I did this weekend is sleep and chill watching tv? I put my head in my hands and think for a moment about my life, it's not very exciting. Some could even say it's boring. Ok long story short: I am Alana, 19 years old and live in Los Angeles. My family is very simple, my mother is a psychiatrist, yes she has the tendency to analyse everyone. And then my father, he is a priest, for him appearances are the most important thing, sometimes even more important that his family happiness. And me, for a 19 year old teenager, I sure must be the most boring person on Earth, I have one singular friend. This I think is because I don't have the freedom to go out like other kids my age. My father says I need to keep away from temptation and bad influences. His words not mine. I think it's all bs.

I get up from my bed and go to take a shower and get ready for school. I really hate Mondays, hearing everyone how they went to some party getting drunk or spent the night at some guys house doing stuff. It's always like a slap in the face, constantly reminding me how much of a full looser I am. I go and put on some black high waisted jeans and a pink top. I put my jacket and converse on and go downstairs. My parents are having breakfast so I sit down and bite a slice of buttered toast.

-Alana, aren't you forgetting something? my dad says.

I look up from my toast and look around, I have my phone, bag, shoes, key. What am I missing?

-You know you can't eat if you don't say grace first. my dad continues.

-Yes daddy. I apologise! I say and get up from the table without taking another bite.

I go towards the door and exit the house without saying another word. I honestly think that is not good parenting. Studies show that a person is less productive on an empty stomach. And honestly, who even remembers to say a stupid prayer in the morning when I am starving and in a rush? It's ridiculous in my opinion.

I get on my bike and start pedalling to school. Yes I cycle to school. Wonder why? Because my father thinks women shouldn't drive, according to him we are incapable of controlling a car. See what Ive have to deal with all my life? Yes I know it's dumb, but he's my dad and as long as I live in his house I have to follow his stupid ancient chauvinist rules. There will come a time when this won't be my life anymore. Just wait for it...

——————————

I legit just thought of this story idea, it's a work in progress.

Yes it's in English . Idk why but I feel like it could be fun to write a book in English for once.

Hope you like it,
-R