Chapter 2

I was running through abnormally green trees from something that terrified me, that's all I remembered after jolting awake with my heart pounding, I looked at the clock it was three in the morning. "Gah I can't wait til I'm out of here and get to relax" I spoke into the empty room. Hopefully relaxing on the beach, soaking up the sun and drinking fancy drinks with umbrellas in coconuts I'll be able to wind down enough to shake these dreams. Its not like my life is that rough, yeah I've been working lots of shifts but its nice getting to hang out with Josh and Sam even if it does get a little crazy sometimes. I finally have enough saved up to start taking courses in September at the local community college, even with this trip. Maybe its the fact that my aunt never ended up coming back from her year long trip and who knows what's happened to her,

or my impending birthday that is a little over two weeks away. Who knows but I am definitely looking forward to this trip, even if I am going to miss Josh and Sam so much. I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable enough to fall back to sleep and I must have at some point because I woke up to the beep beep of a text message. It was Sam asking why I didn't call her after my shift, "Oops Sorry" I texted back "I totally forgot, I'll be down in a bit for breakfast" yes it's definitely convenient having a diner right downstairs.

I got ready as quick as I could, quick shower, brushed my teeth and dried and brushed my hair. I chucked on some jeans and a dark blue hoodie, that matched my eyes almost perfectly, slipped on my runners and headed downstairs to the diner.

I managed to ask Josh for a breakfast platter and slip into a table while Sam was busy with customers. I can't believe I forgot to call her after my shift, I was so in for it now, and not even a minute later " So whats your excuse this time" accused Sam sneaking up behind me. " I'm so so sorry" I apologized "I totally spaced, I made Josh cry" "WHAT!?!"she asked dropping her anger with me "you made him cry? I've never seen Josh cry and I've known him a lot longer than you have, what did you do" "Nothing"I shrugged "I think its this trip, I'm so sorry I'm leaving you guys, but its just something I have to do before I start my courses and have no life whatsoever". "Order Up" yelled Josh from behind the counter "I know" she said"but it still sucks" as she took off to pick up the orders. Sam came back a couple of minutes later with my order bacon, eggs, hash browns and Josh's special pancakes Yum. I know I should be watching what I eat as I'm not really bikini ready, but o well not much I can do about it before I leave Saturday morning. After I was done my breakfast I said good bye to Josh and Sam with the promise that I will be five minutes early for my shift at three.

I went back up to my apartment to pack for my trip, so I could spend all Friday with Sam. I emptied all of my drawers and the clothes in my closet out onto my bed .I hauled my suit case out of my closet with mixed emotions, the last time I used this suitcase was when I moved out of my aunts house and into my own apartment, and now it will come with me on my paradise vacation. Since its usually pretty cold here in Havenbridge there wasn't much that I owned that would be acceptable for Hawaii, though I did go buy a bathing suit for the trip, a one piece of course but it had a low cut top and was bright red and had flowers on it so I figured I would still fit in alright. So I packed the new bathing suit, underwear, bras, thought I only brought my prettiest sets because hey you never know right, I thought to myself with a smirk. Even if I have no intentions of falling for an exotic hunk as Sam would say but there is nothing wrong with a harmless flirtation or two. I sifted through the clothes on my bed and frowned "wow there really isn't that much summer stuff here" I thought, I have a couple different pairs of shorts and a few tank tops for those rare sunny days here so those went in the suitcase, I figure I can do some shopping while I'm there.

I started packing all my rejected clothes back into my drawers when I came across the dress I had bought for a dance a while back "I can't believe I let Sam talk me into this one"I said shaking my head, it was dark red and super low cut in the front with spaghetti straps and a low cut back that dipped almost to my butt, at least it hung to just below my knee if it was any shorter there was no way I would have bought it originally. I chucked the dress into the suitcase figuring what the heck, I packed the strappy red high heeled shoes that went with it and my flip flops, all that's left is my toiletry's and I'm good to go.