Chapter One - Hello, Hollywood!

Aniya's POV

The limo rumbled gently underneath me as it rolled up to the theater. I could hear the chatter of the crowd outside. No matter how many times I did this... it never got old. With a deep breath, I threw open the door. And stepped out onto the red carpet. People clapped, lights flashed, and voices called my name. "We love you, Aniya!" one fan exclaimed.

"You're the best, Aniya!" another fan exclaimed.

I walked forward with a smile and a wave. One reporter waved me down. "Aniya! Aniya! Pippa Majors, Fashion Network... can I have a word?" Pippa asked.

"Of course, Pippa! You're looking radiant as ever!" I exclaimed.

"Well, I've got nothing on you! You are absolutely stunning!" Pippa exclaimed. "How are you feeling about the premiere of your latest film?"

"I feel nervous!" I exclaimed. "Would you believe I still get butterflies in my stomach?"

"Given that your last four movies ruled the box office, I'm pretty sure you'll do just fine!" Pippa exclaimed. "I have to say, you have quite the crowd here! I'm pretty sure I'm looking at all of Hollywood's A-list!"

I turned back around, and even now, it was a little hard to believe just how many incredible people I saw. There was legendary movie star Chris Winters. "Go, Aniya!" Chris exclaimed.

Brilliant director Thomas Hunt. "Even I'll admit... I'm excited," Thomas said.

And my all-time hero, legendary actress Victoria Fontaine. "You're doing great!" Victoria exclaimed.

I turned back to Pippa with a smile. "Yeah... it's pretty amazing," I said.

"I'll let you go, but one more question first..." Pippa said.

"Of course!" I exclaimed.

"You've built up an incredible career in the last few years... broken all box office records..." Pippa said. "Won three Best Actress awards... started an acclaimed clothing line... and even released a chart-topping album!"

"What can I say, Pippa? I'm prolific!" I exclaimed.

"So I just have to ask... is it true there's a special someone in your life?" Pippa asked. "Has Aniya finally found love?"

"I..." I said. "I..."

A rough jolt snapped me out of my dream. I woke up to find myself on a coach set in a crowded plan, arriving in LA. "Welcome to Los Angeles, where the local weather is 75 degrees and sunny... pretty much always!" the pilot exclaimed. "From this Des Moines based crew, thanks for flying with us. Enjoy your stay!"

Oh... just a dream... But hey... as far as dreams go... not bad! I made my way out of LAX Airport into the bright California sun. "I can't believe I'm really here... Hollywood..." I said.

A car horn grabbed my attention. Across the street I spotted an expensive convertible, and the man driving it was waving at me. "Hey beautiful!" Chazz said.

It was Chazz, an old friend from high school, now a Hollywood agent. "Chazz? Wow..." I said. "You're really giving me the star treatment!"

"Hey, around here, it's not just 'dress for the job you want.' You gotta drive for it too!" Chazz said.

"Let me guess, you're applying for... millionaire playboy?" I asked.

"Perpetually," Chazz said. I climbed into Chazz's convertible, and the two of us took off down the streets of LA. "So! I want to hear everything that's going on with you."