Prologue

"You remember me now, don't you?" He whispers huskily into my ear, his breath fanning my neck.

I stand frozen, scared to breathe. I closed my eyes when I hear him let out an annoyed breath. I hear the floor of the tree house creak when he moves in front of me, blocking the exit.

"Answer me, Austynn."

"Yes." I whisper into the space between us.

"Do you remember why I left you?" He breathes out against my bare shoulder, walking around me.

"No." I say softly.

"I wanted you, and I almost killed you." He lifts up a strand of my hair, "You're my prey. I'm your predator. I should never have been involved with you."

"But you were." I open my eyes briefly.

"Yes," He walks away from me, "I couldn't stay away from you then, and I can't stay away now."

"You don't have to." I whisper.

He's in front of me in a second, gripping my throat and pushing me against the rough, paint chipped wall, "Do you enjoy this? Me hurting you all the time?" His gripped lessened and his arm dropped, "You shouldn't have came that night. We should have never come back."

He started to leave, "Ash, please don't leave me alone again." I clung until his sleeve, "You owe me. You're my best friend. You were then. You are now." I felt tears spring in my eyes, "I never cared about you getting me hurt. I always needed you."

I collapsed onto my knees and buried my face in my hands. I felt the hair on my neck move across my skin and his face nuzzle my neck. I turned my face towards his chest, and clung onto him, sobbing loudly. He lifted my face up to his and brushed his lips against mine softly.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Austynn Willow Myers is your ordinary teenage girl. Dark brown hair. Hazel eyes. Fair skin. She has two loving parent, Milina and Mark. Four ferrets, two dogs, two brothers and two sisters. The only problem is Asher, the seemingly harmless teenage boy and his family moved into the Old Wilson Place down the road.

Austynn befriends Asher's little sister Sarah. Taking her along on everything. But when Austynn sneaks out one night to sleep in the woods, she runs into something she didn't expect. A dark figure hiding in the shadows. A cold hearted creature bent on having her blood.

Can Austynn find out the truth behind the monster in the woods? And will Asher show her his true nature? Read to find out.