An Old Friend Returns

Sugawara's Pov

"Why are you leaving (f/n)," Kiyoko asked as she hugged (y/n). 

"My parents want me to attend school in America," the girl replied sadly. It was obvious she didn't want to leave but there was really nothing she or anyone could do about that. She let go of Kiyoko then went up to Asahi, "You better man up," (y/n) said jokingly as she punched his shoulder. 

"Without you here scaring me maybe I will," He said. 

(y/n) looked over at Daichi then said, "I'm sure he can scare you." 

"What are you talking about," Daichi asked (y/n) somewhat mad but still happy.

"I agree with (f/n)-san," I said as I looked over at her.

She put her arm around my shoulder and said, "See! I've got Suga to back me up!" Then her parents called her to grab her stuff cause they were leaving. She turned around and began running towards them but stopped and yelled back to us, "You guys better stick with volleyball so I can see you on TV! Love you weirdos!" We all waved goodbye and that was the last time any of us saw her in person. 

Morning practice just finished and so we all began to pack up our stuff. "Hey I heard you two are getting a new classmate," Kiyoko said to Daichi and I. 

"Maybe it's that girl who Kageyama said moved in by Hinata," Asahi chimed in. "And from what Hinata said she kinda reminds me of (f/n)." 

This got me interested so I said, "Really?"

"Yeah. She's got (h/l) (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, and she's about Kiyoko's height."

"Did Hinata give her name," Kiyoko asked although we probably all knew the answer to that.

"He said he forgot when I was asking him," Asahi said.

"Hinata was probably just frozen by the fact that his role model was talking to him," I joked. 

"Maybe," Kiyoko said.

"I doubt it's her," Daichi said, "Besides after being gone for about a year she's probably changed. Maybe she cut her hair or something." 

"It would be nice if it was her," I suggested. They three of them agreed with me, we left the gym and began walking towards the building with our classes. In the corner of my eye I saw a girl run past me and she went up to Hinata.

"Bro what happened to going to school together," she said, then proceeding to punch him in the shoulder.

"You said you already knew how to get here and I had volleyball practice," Hinata said, the words almost blending together.

"I know I'm just playing with you," She said, "This place is just as I remember it." 

"You've been here before?"

"Oh yeah I went here for part of my first year in high school," She replied, "Speaking of which it's your first year yeah?" Hinata nodded then she continued, "Well if you ever need help with anything you can just ask me."

"Really?!"

"Yeah sure!"

"Thanks (l/n)-senpai!" We all heard the name and turned around to see her. 'Is it really you?' Hinata went to catch up to Kageyama who had left him behind. "See you later," He waved back. 

Kiyoko called her name, "(f/n)?" The girl turned around to see the four of us just standing there. 

"Kiyoko!," She yelled happily then giving her a big hug.

"Wow you came back," I said a bit surprised. 

"Yep," She said as she gave us each a hug, "I missed you guys. How have you guys been?" We chatted for a little while until it was close to the time class was starting. 

"We better get to class," Daichi said or commanded. Of course we all agreed and began to head to our classes. Along the way (y/n) made a couple stops to say Hi to some of her other friends, she was a social butterfly. 

~Timeskip~

"Hey I'm going to go use the bathroom but I'll be right back," (y/n) said just before getting up and leaving. I watched her leave the room and wave to more people. There were already guys who seemed to love her the moment she arrived. 

"Did you know she was coming back," Daichi asked as we began eating lunch. 

"No..."

"So do you still feel the same about her?" When we were younger I had told Daichi how I felt about (y/n) but I never had a chance to tell her. 

"No," I said then rethinking my answer, "I don't know..maybe."

"If I'm being real honest with you, your chances aren't too high right now."

"I know that." Due to her social butterfly personality she had easily been able to attract boys and had dated a couple in the past. ' I wouldn't be surprised if she had a long distance relationship with some guy from the U.S.'

(y/n)'s pov

"Oh hey Kiyoko," I said as I fixed my hair in the bathroom, I spotted her in the reflection of the mirror. 

"Hi (f/n)," she said as she came to the sink next to me to wash her hands. "Have you readjusted to the time zone yet?"

"Kinda," I laughed, "We'll see at the end of the day."

"So do you still like him?"

"I don't know...probably...most of the boys I met while I was gone were stupid," I said as I smoothed my hair. "Why do you ask?"

"Just curious," She said, "I'll see you later."

"See you," I said finishing up with my hair then leaving.