I. Remember Me

•••

I knew I wasn't thinking straight. I knew that my mind had zero control of my body right now as I see my legs bringing myself to a dark alley which screams trouble. The aching feeling of just dropping down onto the ground is insane but I knew better not to.

A dark shadow lurked in the corners and my expectations became reality. The menacing gaze of this man in front of me, he looked like a wolf ready to devour his prey. "Pretty girl is drunk huh??"

There was only so much I could comprehend as I stood frozen on the ground like a hopeless bitch, drunk off my ass. The man gets closer and closer, eventually putting his hand out to touch my face.

"I've hit the lottery tonight. Come home with me girlie, I'll make you feel way better than you already are." The fingertips that was used to hold the tip of my chin had traced my cheekbone. It gave me goosebumps and my body finally got some goddamn signal from my brain to slap his hand away.

The man wasn't fazed. He just let out a deep chuckle. "I have a kink for slapping, let's try it out at my place shall we—"

As the thoughts of "oh I am in such deep shit" echoed my mind, a loud laughter erupted the silent eerie atmosphere. My ears perked up to the sound of someone running towards me from the back.

Shit, this dude has company?

"What the hell." I could barely make out what he was saying as the surrounding audio turned muffled for me, indicating that I am going to pass out anytime soon.

Lee Haewon, please wake up.

I beg myself to be sober as the running footsteps get even louder.

"What the hel—" the man in front of me says again, but I couldn't catch what he said afterwards because I was immediately taken by the hand at full speed.

My eyes widen as I sobered up instantly, my legs somehow carrying me as if I was running for my life. It took 3 seconds of running for me to register the guy that was clenching onto my hand, running in front of me.

Before I knew it, my legs weakened and I crashed onto the rough ground. He turned around and looked at me before laughing straight in my face, utterly confusing me and making me think that I was in some sort of nightmare perhaps.

"Hey! You!" Looking back, I see at least a dozen angry men. That was all it took for me to get back up my feet and make a run for it, but the guy in front of me had already disappeared.

"Dammit he just left me there?" I whispered to myself breathlessly as my legs ran as fast as they could. My vision was starting to blur out but I forced myself to look out for a cab, anything that would take me home.

The gravitational force suddenly made a turn for me as I was quite literally swept off my feet when someone pulled me aside, hidden behind the walls. This made me scream unexpectedly and as I feel a hand go over my mouth, my state of mind was preparing myself to die.

But not before some survival instincts kicked in. I bit the hand as hard as I could but the guy in front of me did not falter one bit.

It was dark but I could tell he was smirking. The back of his hair barely touched his shoulder and his fringe was swept up, like an 80s mullet.

He came closer, revealing his face under the moonlight. I could make out his features perfectly now. How did I go from complete drunkness to sober in less than 10 minutes?

"Doesn't it feel fun to have people chase you? I loved it."

I immediately ripped his hand off my mouth, still panting heavily from that 200 meter sprint. I've never been so athletic ever since my high school days.