Chapter 4: Monster

Todoroki's POV

I had finished dealing with the villains around me and knew I needed to find the others. As I made my way to the center of the facility, fear gripped my throat at the sight of Mr. Aizawa's lifeless body on the ground. Two giant black creatures appeared, poised to fight each other. One was bird-like, with its brain exposed. The other looked like a black dragon.

It hit me like a ton of bricks—this must be Amara's dragon form. Her black scales glimmered as she stood as tall as her opponent. I remembered she once told me she could turn into a dragon, but I almost didn't believe her. I decided to slowly make my way to Mr. Aizawa, careful not to draw the attention of the two beasts. Within the blink of an eye, the two black giants exploded toward each other in a flurry of attacks. Amara slashed the bird creature with her claws, perfectly severing its arm. The creature grew another arm almost instantly, but she kept cutting it again and again.

The growls she made vibrated through the entire facility. My heart raced as I finally reached Mr. Aizawa. I carefully dragged him away, noticing Midoriya and some others in the distance. I decided to drag Mr. Aizawa there with them. A loud bang sounded behind me, and I turned to see Amara unleash a hellish blue flame from her mouth. The bird creature screamed an inhumane scream as its flesh began to melt. It tried to regenerate, but the blue flames were relentless, continuing to eat away at its life force. Amara stopped her flames and dug her claws into the leftover pile of black flesh, lifting it before slamming it back into the ground. The ground shattered beneath her as the creature cried out again, releasing a gust of wind that nearly knocked me over.

I saw light blue sparks of electricity circle around Amara's body before they slithered out of her mouth and struck the bird creature. It convulsed violently, barely hanging onto life. Amara sent another wave of blue flames at the beast, leaving nothing but ashes. The bird creature was destroyed.

A wave of relief washed over me, but Amara didn't stop. She turned to face the villain who looked like the leader of the attack, the guy with all the hands on him. He seemed to shake with fear as the black dragon towered angrily over him. The black and purple void villain appeared just in time to allow the leader to escape, but not before Amara slashed him. Her claws became stained with blood. She scrambled to finish the job, but the leader and the void villain had disappeared from sight. She stood there in her dragon form, completely covered in crimson blood. I saw her blackened eyes lock onto me as she flared her nostrils.

Oh no, don't tell me...

Amara began to charge at us, loud footsteps echoing from her massive feet. I was about to send a pillar of ice at her in an attempt to stop her, but All Might jumped in and pushed her away with his hands. He sent her flying, but she easily regained her momentum with her wings. She flew in the air, her soulless dragon eyes staring down at us.

"I AM HERE NOW." All Might smiled at us and gave a thumbs up.

"Get Jirou..." Mr. Aizawa's voice struggled to make sounds.

"Jirou? What is she going to do?" I questioned. He flickered between consciousness like a poorly lit candle, but I figured he had a plan. It was his niece, after all.

"Midoriya, where is Jirou?" I asked. I saw him frozen in fear, his eyes glued to All Might and the black dragon.

"What's up?" Jirou said as she appeared out of nowhere.

Our attention snapped back to All Might and Amara. Amara charged at All Might.

"She's leaving me no choice," All Might grunted reluctantly. He went to punch her, and I closed my eyes, fearing the worst for her. When nothing happened, I opened my eyes. Amara's mouth had unhinged like a snake as she bit down on All Might's arm. The symbol of peace grunted as he tried to fling the dragon away.

"She's lost control of herself. I'm too weak, but Jirou can stop her," Mr. Aizawa said barely above a whisper, his body shivering. "She's weak against high-pitched noises, or any loud noise. Jirou, if you're loud enough, you should be able to stop her." His arms wobbled as he tried to sit up.

"What?" Jirou's eyes widened in shock. "You want me to fight that?" She pointed at the dragon beating up All Might.

"She will kill everyone if you don't stop her," he said. Amara let out a loud battle roar before swinging her black tail at All Might. He caught it before it could do serious damage. She opened her mouth, revealing needle-like teeth. Blue flames exploded out of her as she blew fire at All Might. He narrowly sidestepped, but the flames crawled toward us. Adrenaline kicked in as I created the thickest barrier of ice I could to protect us.

My ice struggled to maintain its shape as the fire began to melt it. The heat of the flames dried my eyes. The flames ceased just as my ice barrier completely melted. I panted heavily, exhaustion weighing down my body. That ice barrier took all my remaining energy.

"Jirou, just do it!" I yelled at her. She reminded me of a scared animal with its tail between its legs, but what Mr. Aizawa said made sense. Amara's weakness was sound. The whistle that Iida blew had obviously hurt her hearing, and the alarm during the security breach must have too.

I heard All Might grunt as he continued to hold off Amara. Cuts and scrapes covered his muscular body, and I noticed his legs shaking with exhaustion. Amara's claws dug into his skin as he tried to push her off. She beat her wings and lifted him off the ground. I could tell she was about to squash him, but Jirou finally released a sound burst at them.

Amara screeched in pain as she dropped All Might. The screech shattered the glass windows around us, hurting my ears. Glass rained down as the black dragon began to shrink and her white skin reappeared. Amara turned back into her human form and started falling from mid-air. She was unconscious, so I knew she wouldn't break her fall. I began to run towards her, but I knew I wouldn't make it in time. My heart raced as time slowed down. Her black hair flickered as she fell. I extended a hand to reach her, but I knew I wouldn't make it.

It dawned on me that I could use my ice to save her since it didn't hurt her. I sent a small ice pillar beneath her to catch her. Her lifeless body hit my ice and quickly slid down toward me. Relief washed over me as I could finally breathe. I didn't realize I had held my breath.

My face burned a hot, fiery red as I realized Amara was naked. Her ears were bleeding, and she was out cold. I covered my eyes, embarrassed for her, and turned away.

"She, uh... needs some clothes," I told the others. I saw discomfort flash on everyone's faces. Thankfully, Yaoyorozu was there, and she created a white blanket. She handed it to me.

"This should do," her voice was empty.

"Thank you." I turned back to Amara's unconscious body and threw the blanket over her.

"She's a monster," I heard Yaoyorozu say from behind me. I turned to look at her with furrowed brows.

"What?" I questioned. I saw Yaoyorozu clench her fists as she glared at Amara.

"She almost killed All Might. She's a monster who doesn't deserve to be here," Yaoyorozu's voice was laced with venom, which shocked me as she was usually very friendly. I turned back to face Amara's pale face. Black strands of hair covered her face. I bent over and delicately moved the strands from her face with my fingertips.

"She still saved us," I said sternly. I refused to listen to Yaoyorozu's opinion. I heard her groan before she stormed away.

Soon, more UA staff arrived. The principal and some school nurses rushed to the scene. I saw them swarm Mr. Aizawa to tend to his wounds. I was honestly surprised he was still alive after losing so much blood.

I gently picked Amara up, careful not to hurt her. She was heavier than she looked, but I managed to carry her to the swarm of medics and nurses. Their eyes locked onto me as they approached with another stretcher. I let them take her unconscious body as they carried her to the nurse's office alongside her uncle. A sigh escaped my lips as exhaustion lingered within my limbs.