One

Emma POV

"Dad! We're is the bleach!" I yell across the hall hoping my dad heard. "On the cart!" He replies back.
Well this is my life, constantly cleaning rooms at this sh*tty motel. My parents bought this motel when they first got married and then I was born and raised here at a motel surrounded by woods and thick forest. My mom died from lung cancer when I was 5 years old. My memories of her are small. Close to nothing. Now I live here in a run down motel in Texas. I am a junior in high-school and have only a couple close friends. "Ahhhhhhh......... ewwwwwww www!" Finding a puddle of sewage leaking from the toilet. As you can see my job at the motel is cleaning rooms even though we rarely ever get people to stay. I hear a loud engine pulling down are dirt road. I look out to see a old classic mustang coming down the dirt road. It pulls into the motel. who would be coming to the motel this late at night? It's like 11 pm out? I hear the door open to the car and see a person get out of the car. I can't see much considering it's so dark. I stop cleaning one of the rooms and grab my cleaning supplies and walk out of the room and lock the door behind me. I see the stranger already is in the office talking to my dad. "Emma!" Great what does he need now? "Come help this gentleman to his room?" I look over to where the stranger is to see his full appearance. He Has brown curly locks, and mesmerizing green eyes. But what stuck out the most is a scar on his cheek. It starts at the eyebrow and goes down to his middle cheek. "Uhh Sure... What room number?" "He is in room number 3" "ok " I point to the stranger and say "follow me" He follows behind me without a word spoken between us two. I lead him outside and to room #3 I open the door and put the key in and say " If there is anything you need just ask me, and umm I am going to be cleaning the room each two days so yeah just so you know..... ok bye" he looked at me with his intense eyes but didn't say anything. I turned around and left. I am going to be honest he is really hot. wait what? He is a complete stranger! Uh I am so tired I need to go to bed. I walk into my room which is one of the hotel rooms and I change into a tank and short shorts due to super hot weather. I go to shut my window, but I see the stranger sitting in a chair by his room door smoking a cigarette. He smokes, I always wanted to smoke my dad would never let me. I jump in my bed and close my eyes. Sleep taking over me completely.