part one-escaping

Elvis's pov

Escaping my house was rather easy. There were usually several windows open, especially in Tom's room as it was the hottest room in the house. The only person home today was Jodie because Tom was at a gig in Camden. He would not stop talk about it. It was the second gig of the year, due to covid-19 it had made it impossible to have a tour this year. The first gig was in Camden, Dingwalls on the 6th of February. Then the disease came along. It had been a long time since everyone had left the house. Jodie left for a while around the beginning of August and came back more tanned than she left. Then August finished and the house was getting back to it's normal routine apart from Tom. He didnt leave the house that much. He broke up from school a little while after he had performed at the gig. But this story is not about how covid-19 changed my house- hold. It was about me. And the new cat.

It was the 13th of December 2020. The second gig of the year in Camden. Yet again the house went quiet. Jodie had recently left to go to the navy. Elaine and Steve had taken Tom down to Camden and stayed to watch the gig. Therefore the house was empty and I was free to leave, without anyone noticing. I walked over to the door which had the cat flap locked. Great. I walked around the bottom rooms. The only window open downstairs was the kitchen one which was almost impossible to get put of, nevermind get back in.

I crawled my way up the stairs. One of there doors had to be open, right? I reached the top. None of there doors were open. I tried to barge them loose. It was no use. I headed back downstairs and walked to the kitchen. I evaluated the situation. So there was a couple of cupboards, if I could get up there, i could push the window open slightly so i could climb through if I stretched. But I need to get up there. There is a box of cereal. A bread tin. Anything else tall? No. Okay. This will work, hopefully. I used the stool near the island to get onto the side. I climbed past the sink to the box of cereal. I pushed it with my nose, carefully and softly so it didnt tip over. The bread tin was harder to move but eventually I got it to where it needed to be. I climbed onto the bread tin and bit the top of the cereal box. I dragged it on to the top of the bread bin and climbed on top, I wobbled from left to right. I tried to reach to the top of the cupboard but it was no use. The front door then was knocked on. Which startled me and made me tilt the box completely sideways. Causing me to jump. I reached for the window and held on with my paws tilted over the edge. I tried to pull myself up but I was weak. The door was then knocked on again, out of pure fear I jumped and scrambled through the window. I climbed around the outside of the house on the fence. Jodie was standing at the door in full navy uniform. Obviously no one told her Tom had a gig.