The Styx: Solangelo

The pain was excruciating. It felt like his skin was being burned away. It was all he could do not to cry out.

Focus, Nico.

Focus on Will.

Nico pictured his crush. He saw a head full of golden curls and eyes bluer than a cloudless sky. He heard warm laughter and a voice with a slight southern accent that Nico loved. He smelled a scent of fresh, foresty cologne. He felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around him. He tasted what he imagined Will's lips to taste like, minty and sweet.

And the pain receded.

Nico burst out onto the shore of the River Styx, already feeling the effects of his Achilles Curse.

After laying on the rocky shore to catch his breath, Nico pulled himself to his feet and prepared to shadow travel back to camp.

A quick glance around his father's domain and he was gone.

***

Nico reappeared in the Hades cabin at camp. He took a minute to steady himself, a wave of exhaustion and hunger rolling over him. After a moment's indecision, Nico decided to give in to his hunger and go to the dining pavilion. Just as Nico stepped into the pavilion, the horn rang out signaling dinner.

Nico seated himself at the Hades table, his eyes drooping. Why am I so tired? he wondered. He heard voices entering the pavilion like a buzz in the back of his mind. He was almost asleep when a hand on his shoulder jolted him awake. Nico jumped, about to draw his sword when he saw it was Will. He let out a breath.

"Hey Nico," the doctor said, sitting down next to him.

"Hi Will." Nico turned back to his empty plate and summoned some food.

"Are you okay? You seemed to be dozing off," Will said, a concerned look on his beautiful face.

"Yep, I'm good. Just tired." His last word cut off with a yawn.

Will chuckled. "I can see that." They sat in silence for a few minutes as Nico ate his entire plate of food. When he was finished, Will whistled. "Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you eat that much!"

Nico shrugged. "I was hungry."

***

So, Will didn't think much of it. Until he noticed Nico eating large amounts at every meal and sleeping all the time. Nico took naps after every meal and hardly left his cabin. Will took note of this and decided to research the cause on his own. He didn't want to confront Nico for fear that he would push Will away.

That was how Will found himself surrounded by stacks of medical books, leafing through them and muttering to himself in a corner of the vacant infirmary. He had consulted a few of his siblings, but all they could do was recommend which books might have the answer.

Will was reading a book titled 'Demigod Diseases and Symptoms' when the infirmary doors crashed open. Jumping up from his seat on the floor, Will rushed over to Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase who had just entered the room. The pair were arguing as Annabeth supported her boyfriend, helping him to a bed.

"Percy, Annabeth. What happened?" Will asked. As Percy settled on the bed, Will noticed a deep gash in his calf muscles.

"Hey Will. This Seaweed Brain decided it would be a good idea to take on the entire Ares cabin in hand-to-hand combat at the same time," Annabeth explained as Will grabbed some medical supplies and began treating the wound.

"Hey, I would have won if Clarisse hadn't decided to take a cheap shot and attack from behind!" Will chuckled as Annabeth patted Percy on the back.